Paul Rudd does "bend and snap" one better

friendofsheila
This topic is 3484 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I

had not watched to Tonight Show since Johnny Carson left, but the clips I have seen from Fallon really look entertaining and are far superior to anything that Leno had no his hightlight reel. I do not know if he is a good interviewer and having not watched Leno, I have nothing to which I can compare, but I might start watching a bit.

I

I do not know if he is a good interviewer and having not watched Leno, I have nothing to which I can compare, but I might start watching a bit.

I don't watch much TV- so I mainly see occasional bits of Fallon on YouTube or in online articles about the show or the specific guest. But what I've seen from Internet postings-or heard on the radio- is that people don't particularly think he is a great interviewer- but that he has a lot of Internet worthy bits- like the lip sync competition. And apparently a lot of younger folks might not like watching the entire show- but do like looking at the bits like lip-syncing posted on the Internet.

As for his talents as a host- whatever they are now- there's a good chance he will improve with time. My recollection is that Conan O'Brien was horrible at being a host- both the monologue and interviewing when he 1st started and took over for Letterman- of course he had been more of a writer than a performer. But if I stretch my memory back even further- I don't think Letterman was that impressive when he 1st started out either. I remember definitely that Letterman's daytime show before he started at night was awful.

And as long as we are on the subject, I don't think Seth Meyers is particularly great at interviewing yet either.

Gman

Archived