Google voice & texting

tsgarp

I understand how Google voice works from the perspective of a a phone call but when it comes to texting back and forth can anyone give me a quick tutorial? Mostly curious to know if I return an incoming text, which number will appear on the receiver's device - my Google number or my real mobile number?

-T.S.

Probably depends on whether you are using a smart or dumb phone. I'll let the smarties reply about their phones, but for dummies, if you reply back directly, your primary cell number will show. For the gv# to appear, you need to launch the phone's web browser, log into your gv acct, and use the reply text function. Many times when someone texts my gv#, I grab my handy tablet, logon to gv, and use it to reply and text because it's easier, larger screen, etc.

If you're concerned, do a test with someone you know. Tell 'em your testing new phone features.

As for gv texting, it sucks. It often takes texts, chops them up, and delivers them out of sequence.

There is an iPhone App called Google Voice. When I want to use my Google Voice Number either to text (in texts and out texts show up under the Google Voice #) or call, I open up that App. There is one option on Google Voice that I don't understand. It's called Click2Call. But I have it turned off. So it doesn't matter.

Gman

Gman

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, The Great Gazoo is always right!!!!