Photo site like Photobucket?

friendofsheila
This topic is 3515 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Agreed, though I believe that requires creating and using a Tumblr account to upload the image to, which means a small but not inconsequential risk of anything you post getting spread around the internet. That may have been true for Imageshack as well -- I don't know -- but there are two potential risks here: to your privacy if any of the photos are of you, and if they aren't, of a bill or DCMA takedown request for use of photos to which someone else owns the copyright.

Truefax: a woman who runs a Tumblr devoted to all things Benedict Cumberbatch just received a bill from a photographer for an unspecified but large amount due to her use of photos from one of his photoshoots. He wasn't posing nude, obviously (though I've seen gifs and screencaps of his naked backside from To the End of the Earth, a miniseries he appeared in), but the principle is the same. The whole copyright infringement aspect is just one of the many things that annoys me about the recent naked celebrity photo hack debacle.

Agreed, though I believe that requires creating and using a Tumblr account to upload the image to, which means a small but not inconsequential risk of anything you post getting spread around the internet. That may have been true for Imageshack as well -- I don't know -- but there are two potential risks here: to your privacy if any of the photos are of you, and if they aren't, of a bill or DCMA takedown request for use of photos to which someone else owns the copyright.

Truefax: a woman who runs a Tumblr devoted to all things Benedict Cumberbatch just received a bill from a photographer for an unspecified but large amount due to her use of photos from one of his photoshoots. He wasn't posing nude, obviously (though I've seen gifs and screencaps of his naked backside from To the End of the Earth, a miniseries he appeared in), but the principle is the same. The whole copyright infringement aspect is just one of the many things that annoys me about the recent naked celebrity photo hack debacle.

They won't be of me, no, no no. Just the usual stuff from the internet.

Archived