Joan Rivers Passes Away

edjames
This topic is 2393 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure that she was at the "top" of her career, but she was 81 and still working. Just last Wednesday night she performed at a small theater on West 42d St. I find that I am taking her death rather hard, relatively, even though I was just a fan. I have seen her perform in theaters large and small. I don't think I have ever laughed as hard as I did at her show at Lake Tahoe. I was in tears; just couldn't stop laughing at how silly she was being. That phony vomit followed by a one-liner that you just couldn't have anticipated. Comic timing. She had it. Plus, she worked so many benefits for Gods Love We Deliver, which distributes food to AIDS shut-ins. She served on their board.

The fact that she was working last Wednesday, went to the doctor Thursday not expecting what happened...it seems unfair*! I hope that they find out just what did happen at that doctor's office.

*I know. Life is unfair.

[video=youtube;dY94fc0oEDk]

I'm not sure if it's the right time but here some of her jokes on death and other issues at a TV interview. She was always aware she used to be a "Dlister", she was never the 1st choice but happy to be the 2nd and take what others rejected, she always appreciated the attention of the press, with the exception of that time she walked away.

She had a natural tough humor!

She'll be missed!

[video=youtube;dY94fc0oEDk]

I'm not sure if it's the right time but here some of her jokes on death and other issues at a TV interview. She was always aware she used to be a "Dlister", she was never the 1st choice but happy to be the 2nd and take what others rejected, she always appreciated the attention of the press, with the exception of that time she walked away.

God bless her, she had me laughing at 1:17 when talking about twitter and news of her own death. Anderson is doing a nice special on CNN, going through some of those special moments in her life that gave us all so much joy. Life is so short...

I'm sorry, I was one of the first Joan Rivers fans but as she got older, less employable, her and her daughter did what the did I found her very annoying. I'm sorry for her passing but won't ever think of her as an icon to remember.

She was a survivor, she made it through 6 decades of a changing country. When she started it wasn't appropriate for a pregnant woman to be on TV performing on a stage and talking like a sailor, let alone work outside the home, yet she did it. Johnny Carson gave her a chance, she was never the first choice, but she was happy to have a chance. Later in life as a "D lister" she was given a job nobody wanted, interviewing women on the red carpet, she mocked them and herself too, that's how she landed on "Fashion Police" to be "discovered" by Millennials born after 1980 and she was loved by them.

[video=youtube;RiCwfw6RBgY]

Joan Rivers always made me laungh, even when she also made me cringe. She always said what everyone else wanted to say but was afraid to. My she rest in peace and entertain the folks in whichever afterlife she joins.

RIP Joan

This Is What Joan Rivers Hoped Her Funeral Would Look Like:

BwtvEXzCUAEjRbu.jpg:large

http://eotmblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/RIP-Joan-Rivers.jpg

At the very least, i hope she gets the gown and Meryl Streep and the wind machine for good luck. Bobby Vinton singing to her corpse might be a bit over the top. LoL

If the talk that she was moved to a private room and taken off life support "to let nature take it's course", turns out to be true it makes me wonder if/what damage had been done during the cardiac arrest and perhaps anything secondary to that. As recently as June or July in an interview on the Howard Stern Show, she mentioned (very candidly) that, as she aged, if she ever felt that she was heading to the point where she could no longer take care of herself, she would arrange her own death. If she shared that publically, then I'm sure that she must have directed her daughter that she did not want to be kept alive by artificial means, if there was hope of returning to a normal life. I think Melissa was just carrying out her Mother's wish.

Archived