The Great Celebrity Naked Photo Leak- Does It Bother You?

Frankly Rich
This topic is 3518 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As men, you have the luxury of indifference and of believing that anyone who stores something in the cloud is asking for trouble. You are not subject to crude jokes, name-calling, and rape and death threats because nude photos of you have surfaced on the internet. Or rape, death threats, and doxxing/outing (that's revealing personal information like one's name, address, phone number, and e-mail address) for simple crime of being female on the internet.

"victimhood"

http://shrink4men.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/professional-victim.jpg

"victimhood"

http://shrink4men.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/professional-victim.jpg

Do I sound or act like a victim? I could go look for and dredge up posts filled with the most misogynistic, hate-filled speech imaginable aimed at women in tech, Anita Sarkeesian in particular, women of color, or women in general that I've previously posted on my LiveJournal. Imagine being bombarded with a concerted effort to shame you with gay and other slurs questioning your masculinity and your desirability and calling for you to be murdered and raped in horrible ways, along with outing your real name, phone number, and address so people on the internet can actually carry those threats out. Or do you not have the empathy to imagine this?

But I have better ways to use my time and think the members of this forum can make up their own minds who's reflecting reality and who's using images to make bogus emotional arguments.

On Sunday, the cloud opened up and rained down on the Web a deluge of celebrity nudes. The leak wasn’t just a glimpse into the intimate moments and private sex lives of notable stars like Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton, it served as a chilling reminder that if any part of your life is digital, it’s not safe.

Twitter was quick to sympathize with the victims of the attack. Users voiced their own privacy concerns through the hashtag #IfMyPhoneGotHacked. While Apple has attempted to distance itself from the debacle, denying that the leak was due to failures in their security software, the breach has caused many to consider the vulnerabilities of their devices.

Meanwhile, on the secret-sharing app Whisper, users air their dirty laundry under the protection of anonymity and security. (How secure, though? “No login, no email address, no Facebook connect, no phone number,” says Slade Sohmer, Whisper’s head of news. “Also, geolocation is opt-in and heavily salted, meaning the true location of a user is never revealed.”)

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/whisper-phone-secrets-celebgate/

Here when Draker should be apologizing, he's sending me this message!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Draker View Post

"victimhood"

That's really uncalled for and a cheap shot.

XXX,

I highly recommend that you take care of your own business.

NOBODY named you moderator of this Forum.

Does one have to be a moderator to call someone out for rude behavior? I don't think so. Why did I post Draker's PM? For one, because I can't reply to him by PM as he doesn't allow replies. For two, I didn't invite him to write an insulting message to me. BTW, what time is it in Brussels? About 2:30 am. Get to sleep!

Second that. She stated that the effect of such revelations are different for men and women. She then argued that social media and cloud storage threaten privacy far less than people fear. I see no victim card being played.

Someone owes quoththeraven an apology.

True!

Maybe it was lost in translation, let's give SD the benefit of the doubt.

I would like to hear the opinion of some of the few ladies of this forum.

Drama? You wrote me, dude. And no, I could not reply as the message I got says your mailbox is full. Nice way to keep people from replying!

Hilarious...and Draker has the nerve to call me out for blocking him from sending me nasty pm's. I sent him one, which was well deserved, and the pm was nothing more than a duplicate of what he sent someone else.. I will never send another, and he will always be permanently blocked. BTW...did Draker ever take a moment to apologize to QTR for his mean spirited and sarcastic comment... Most likely not!!! Why do I feel an image coming? lol...

You love drama, Lucky, don't you? Otherwise you wouldn't come here to stir the pot.

You certainly CAN send me a private message, so quit the BS.

I wonder who sent that threatening PM first? This ain't the first time you sweetheart throw arrows by PM.

I guess SD is missing the subject of this thread, once you click the trigger the bullet (metaphor for picture, tweet, or email) is out there and belongs to all of us, it can't go back into the gun. Don't send a PM if you don't want it to be forwarded to other people, keep it to yourself or man up and post it on here.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/88/aa/5a/88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2008/026/6/5/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black_by_Coelasquid.jpg

Hilarious...and Draker has the nerve to call me out for blocking him from sending me nasty pm's. I sent him one, which was well deserved, and the pm was nothing more than a duplicate of what he sent someone else.. I will never send another, and he will always be permanently blocked. BTW...did Draker ever take a moment to apologize to QTR for his mean spirited and sarcastic comment... Most likely not!!! Why do I feel an image coming? lol...

That picture was also sexist and it looked like rape survivor.

Guest AnthonyDriller

In the city I live in I'm scared to advertise on Backpage because I know people who visit the website so I only advertise on there when I'm out of town visiting another city or when it's a really big event in my city so I'll advertise for a short time. I'm getting ready for my professional photo shoot coming up and I think when I advertise on certain websites I'll just use the photos that blur my face out and provide a link to my website to view my face photos in my gallery which by the way you can't save those photos. I have three tattoos and you can only see one which is my scorpion.

And no, I could not reply as the message I got says your mailbox is full.

So my mailbox was full and you publish a private message in the public forum??

Yeah! It makes perfectly sense if you want to stir the pot. Speaks volumes about your integrity or lack of thereof. ;)

BTW I received other private messages from two other members none of whom acted like you did.

For the record, management disapproves of posting private messages in public. Anyone doing so is on thin ice, particularly in a thread about invasions of privacy.

If you feel that a private message is abusive or inappropriate send an alert on it. They work the same way as alerts in the forum.

This thread is done and a few participants are hanging on by a thread.

Archived