Best Wishes to Joan Rivers- Hospitalized and Unconscious

Frankly Rich
This topic is 3539 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Comedian Joan Rivers was found this morning "unconscious and unresponsive" and brought to MT. Sinai Hospital about 9:40 am, New York time. The AIDS activist had stopped breathing at one point. She is now in stable, but critical condition. A family spokesperson says "It is not looking good."

I am a big fan of Joan Rivers, having seen her perform several times and attended the theater with her- meaning simultaneously!

Update: She was in a physician's office, having surgery on her throat when she stopped breathing.

Years back, I was a huge Joan Rivers fan. She was obnoxious, but so damn funny. In recent years, to be honest, I've found her obnoxious but not that funny. That said, Joan Rivers was a friend to the gays long, long before it was fashionable. For that, I will always love Joan Rivers.

I know this makes me sound like a bitchy queen, but the first thing that popped into my head was "wonder what kind of work she is having done." Ms Rivers would probably appreciate that. I hope she recovers speedily.

Years back, I was a huge Joan Rivers fan. She was obnoxious, but so damn funny. In recent years, to be honest, I've found her obnoxious but not that funny. That said, Joan Rivers was a friend to the gays long, long before it was fashionable. For that, I will always love Joan Rivers.

I agree. I used to love her on Carson although I'm sure her night club act might have been more risqué. And I still think she can be funny. When I would watch her on Carson her insults and put downs seem to have a more playful edge But lately she has said some really hurtful/obnoxious stuff. That being said I hope she does recover.

Gman

I have only shallow information as to what happened ...

but when I saw the words "airway" and an implied "outpatient" ...

As an anesthesiologist (There! I'm out of my closet!), I shudder with fear regarding

WHAT procedure she was having at WHAT clinic / surgicenter, that required her being

transferred to another facility when they ran into difficulty?

This does not bode well. I hope and pray for a swift, complete recovery,

but I fear for the worst.

I read that she was undergoing a throat procedure involving her vocal cords.

As an anesthesiologist (There! I'm out of my closet!), I shudder with fear regarding

WHAT procedure she was having at WHAT clinic / surgicenter, that required her being

transferred to another facility when they ran into difficulty?

This does not bode well. I hope and pray for a swift, complete recovery,

but I fear for the worst.

The articles I saw said she was having some kind of procedure on her vocal cords at the Yorkville Endoscopy Center. The different magazine articles don't seem to be sure whether she had a respiratory arrest or a cardiac arrest. Some articles say respiratory. People Magazine says it was a cardiac arrest. People also says that she is currently resting comfortably.

Gman

The articles I saw said she was having some kind of procedure on her vocal cords at the Yorkville Endoscopy Center. The different magazine articles don't seem to be sure whether she had a respiratory arrest or a cardiac arrest. Some articles say respiratory. People Magazine says it was a cardiac arrest. People also says that she is currently resting comfortably.

Gman

Have you ever heard a report of someone in the hospital resting uncomfortably?

Archived