Devious Maids

MrMiniver
This topic is 3653 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I friend suggested that I might enjoy this in a guilty pleasure sort of way. So I downloaded Season 1 which ran last year (I understand Season 2 has just started). It's a 13 episode series created by Marc Cherry (Desperate Housewives) about the lives of Latino maids in Beverly Hills (at least I think that's where they are) working for a group of rich, dysfunctional people. It's very much like his earlier show in that there are dramatic and comedic elements although I mostly find it very funny, even hysterical at times. The biggest name in the cast is probably Susan Lucci. There are also quite a few hot guys who are shirtless often enough from the gorgeous young stud who plays Lucci's college age son to 50-something Grant Show (Melrose Place) who is still in terrific shape to Matt Cedeno (sp?) who plays the gay salsa singer.

It's nothing profound but is a great deal of guilty fun. Enjoy!

I love Devious Maids. It is kitsch and soap opera and humor and just plain fun. The first season was great fun and I did like the second season opener. Eva Longoria is one of the executive producers as well and it is based on a Mexican tv series. I think it is funny that ABC passed on it and it became a huge hit on Lifetime. To me, it is just a great way to end the weekend.

My two favorite characters on the show are being played by Susan Lucci and Rebecca Wisocky. Both play very rich socialites and usually have the best lines on the show.

I love Devious Maids. It is kitsch and soap opera and humor and just plain fun. The first season was great fun and I did like the second season opener. Eva Longoria is one of the executive producers as well and it is based on a Mexican tv series. I think it is funny that ABC passed on it and it became a huge hit on Lifetime. To me, it is just a great way to end the weekend.

My two favorite characters on the show are being played by Susan Lucci and Rebecca Wisocky. Both play very rich socialites and usually have the best lines on the show.

It's hard to pick out a favorite. Okay, if I'm being superficial it's the super hot muscle stud that plays Lucci's son. Can't help myself. But I think the woman who plays Lucci's maid is hysterical. She has great reactions and great lines. I like their relationship best as well.

But all of the characters have some interest. I didn't care much for the maid to the hot gay singer. She was a bit of bitch. But, heck, it's a soap opera :)

Archived