Neil Patrick Harris Interrupted While Performing

Frankly Rich
This topic is 3651 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's never a good idea to speak to the performer while he or she is in the midst of a performance. This came up at the Belasco Theater the other night when a fan yelled to Neil Patrick Harris, playing Hedwig in Hedwig and the Angry Inch, "I love you Neill." Hedwig responded "I'm doing something up here, motherfucker." The NY Post reports that the remark was greeted with rapturous applause.

The Post also reports that the former Tony Award Host is getting plenty of buzz for a Tony this year himself.

One of my dear friends was at a performance this week and someone yelled that exact phrase from the audience. I guess NPH was feeling a bit more generous that night because he merely responded with "Who the fuck is Neil, motherfucker?" He then proceeded to ask his colleagues onstage if they were this mysterious Neil everyone was screaming about. The joys of live theater. :)

Lohengrin

Archived