Special Good Friday/Easter edition!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended public school, not Catholic school. I did attend a Catholic college (Boston College). There are some practicing Christians here (not me).

Usually I would not comment because it's not of my business. But, I have never been a Unicorn fan.

Edited by WilliamM

According to accounts, Joseph (Jesus' father) was a carpenter or craftsman of some sort

Most English translations state that Jesus was "the son of a carpenter." The Greek word used was "tekton" which is probably more accurately translated, as you stated, a "craftsman" or "builder." Most homes in those days were not made of wood, but stone - so it is more likely that Joseph and his son were stonemasons or some other type of craftsmen.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

There’s a family-friendly children’s Easter celebration at 10 am, but the real fun follows after the kids head home with adult-friendly fare like the Easter Bonnet Contest, and everyone’s favorite blasphemous hoot – the Hunky Jesus Contest.

The Sisters 40th Anniversary Easter Party

Sunday, April 21, 2019 | 12 pm to 4 pm

Mission Dolores Park, 19th & Dolores St, San Francisco

FREE

10:30-Noon: Children’s Easter. Join for an absolute egg-stravaganza hunt hosted by the Easter Bunny herself, with Sister-certified Story Time. As a special bonus, they’re offering free dental screening exams that can meet the district requirement for the pre-Kindergarten dental exam.

Noon-1 pm: The 40th Easter Celebration Begins. Sister Rose Mary Chicken and Saint Kit Tapata welcomes DJ Strano, Nine Inch Males, Dusty Pörn, The Devil-Ettes, and the French Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence to the stage.

1-2 pm: Saint Queen Dilly Dally and Sister Flora Goodthyme keep the fun going while announcing the latest Grant recipients, with special performances by Rasa Vitalia, Baloney, and FouFouHa.

2-3 pm: It’s the Easter Bonnet Contest!! How’s your head? The higher the hat, the closet to Jesus, and don’t forget the category: LOVE YOUR MOTHER. All presented with the dulcet tones of SecsDevil and GayC/DC.

3-4 pm: Sister Roma and Sister Dana return once more to give you FOXY MARY AND HUNKY JESUS. Are you ready to prove once and for all whether Jesus really had a 9″ Nail? Are you a Foxy Mary here to soothe a nun’s soul? Come give us a taste of your special sauce and show us a lil’ DIVINITY hunny

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...