50: To Speedo, or not to Speedo?

friendofsheila
This topic is 2112 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speedos, square-cuts and jammers, love wearing them all.

I say wear what makes you comfortable. Who gives a damn if you're not perfectly built? If you've got the confidence to show some skin, do it :)

Agree about Rufskin: Nice product, way overpriced. If you look on eBay, you can find a ton of their Asian-manufactured product very, very cheap.

I totally disagree. This "in private" thing reminds me of the fact that two men or two women should only "kiss in private", as so many narrow-minded people think.

You don't necessarily have to "admire" all people at a beach or pool who are there mostly to have a good time and have the right to feel comfortable and happy whatever they wear.

Of course good common sense should be part of everybody's life, of course I would not wear a G-string or thong in a public pool or beach, but..... a speedo?.... OF COURSE!! And whoever looks at me like thinking I am "inappropriate", it's their problem!

My feelings on the subject have evolved...

Edited by bigvalboy

Yes, fans, that it the question.

How does a man know whether to wear one after age 50? Is there a pair of calipers I can buy to measure something?

A wall chart I can stand up against to see if my butt is bulbous enough?

Or will I have to stand under a harsh light and under the glare of one of those queens who thinks she knows who should do what and when, and wait for a verdict? :)

You'll just know.

My dear Friendofsheila,

I am going to write something that might send some NorthAmerican sensibilities into a frenzied tizzy. I say fuck rules, fuck sensibilities, fuck aesthetics, fuck what others might think. I wholeheartedly recommend you to try on a few different pairs of bathing suits and when you find the one with which you feel the best, the most comfortable, the sexiest, the most mobile then commit to it and wear it with pride. Beyond abs, much father than herculean glutes and a behemoth of a bulge, there is nothing sexier than confidence, relaxation and to see a man who is at peace with what he is wearing, owns it and asks for nobody's permission.

Life is so punily short, hard and elusively fleeting to waste any second of it.

May you find the sexiest, most amazing pair that makes you feel that you love who you are now.

Beach power to you, my brother!

I like seeing a dad bod in a speedo. It signifies that he doesn't care what others think and is probably fun in bed.

So friendofsheila - imagine yourself on the beach and you see a fit 50+ man in a speedo - do you think:

1. That guy looks great, I wish I had his confidence! OR

2. Does that guy not have a mirror in his house?

If 1, then by all means go for the speedo - if 2, go for some trunks (but make them short! haha)

Yes, in Europe it seems the only men who wear speedos are EXACTLY the ones who shouldn't. Sometimes you can't even go to the beach -- at least not on a full stomach. You might get physically ill :)

Oh man, you have a VERY weak stomach....:rolleyes:

A year ago I was on vacation in one of the most beautiful places on earth - Positano Italy. There were at least 4 men wearing Speedos who really shouldn't have. Come on guys let's make wise decisions on our beach wear shall We? Common sense is greatly appreciated.

• 1 year later...
A year ago I was on vacation in one of the most beautiful places on earth - Positano Italy. There were at least 4 men wearing Speedos who really shouldn't have. Come on guys let's make wise decisions on our beach wear shall We? Common sense is greatly appreciated.

In Europe people are much less self conscious and much more carefree than here. I grew up in Italy wearing speedos at the beach since I was a kid, my dad always used speedos till he died swimming in the ocean when he was 75!

I think it means you don't give a shit of what other people can think, you go to the beach to enjoy yourself, with an amazing muscular body or with a belly.

And by the way, if a man doesn't have the body for a speedo, according to the criteria of what a nice male body should look like, DEFINITELY he doesn't even have the body for beach trunks!

I will be 60 in 2 years, whenever I go to the beach I use speedos, no matter where I am and what people can think. I can't stand swimming with those knee long trunks!

Actually I am a big fan of nude beach....:)

In Europe people are much less self conscious and much more carefree than here. I grew up in Italy wearing speedos at the beach since I was a kid, my dad always used speedos till he died swimming in the ocean when he was 75!

I think it means you don't give a shit of what other people can think, you go to the beach to enjoy yourself, with an amazing muscular body or with a belly.

And by the way, if a man doesn't have the body for a speedo, according to the criteria of what a nice male body should look like, DEFINITELY he doesn't even have the body for beach trunks!

I will be 60 in 2 years, whenever I go to the beach I use speedos, no matter where I am and what people can think. I can't stand swimming with those knee long trunks!

You my friend can wear anything you want..xoxo

Things change. My bf is Italian. Born and raised moved to the USA a few years ago. He’s 38 and will not wear a speedo either here or when he’s back in Italy saying he’s too old. So mores change.

Btw he’s 6’ 150 pounds and a 29 inch waist so it isn’t body issues just age.

Edited by LookingAround