After Midnight with k.d. lang

foxy
This topic is 3698 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I saw this show the other day for the second time and enjoyed it even more. First time I had a very good seat in the mezzanine and this time in the orchestra. It was fun seeing it from two different perspectives. Dancing, singing is really fantastic. The big draw for me was seeing k.d. lang. I've been a long time fan of her singing and she was in top form and really seems to be enjoying herself in this show. I'd highly recommend it. It's an easy ticket and is usually up at the TKTS booth for 50% off. I don't know why it isn't selling out. I think it's one of the best shows on Broadway.

. The big draw for me was seeing k.d. lang. I've been a long time fan of her singing and she was in top form and really seems to be enjoying herself in this show. I'd highly recommend it.

Thanks for mentioned the new star of this show. I love k.d. lang. Am I the only one who saw her years ago at the Beacon in New York with Melissa Etheridge, Queen Latifah, Liza Minnelli and Madonna et al. wandering in and out of the audience. Everyone but lang's favorite singer, Peggy Lee, who was still alive, but likely too ill to be there.

There's talk that Shirley Bassey (Goldfinger) might be replacing k.d. lang in After Midnight. Lang leaves in March.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Shirley-Bassey-to-Make-Broadway-Return-in-AFTER-MIDNIGHT-20140214#

I read about this in the NY Post and hope and pray she takes the offer. To see Dame Shirley on Broadway would be a dream come true.

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from seeing k.d.lang and the amazing company of After Midnight. It's also my second time, and it was great fun to see what Ms. lang brought to it, and the differences from Fantasia Burrell's presentation. k.d.'s voice was a delicious match for this style of music. I loved that the number at the end had k.d. dancing with two ladies...Ms. Burrell danced with two men.

I am a total sucker for tap dancing, and these folks are the best. I want to take tap lessons.

I understand that Vanessa Williams is going in in April...that will get me back a third time.

It's been on tdf on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but we didn't decide until today that we were going to go. Got sensational seats at the half-price booth...Center Row H. Suspect they were just released House seats.

Saw "After Midnight" this past Sunday. Got a seat at the TKTS booth, Row C, center. I had looked at the available seats earlier on Ticketmaster and there weren't many good ones available but the one I got was showing up earlier as a Premium seat for $300, I paid $83. k.d. lang was wonderful and as mentioned earlier, really seemed to be enjoying herself, there were several interactions between her and the ladies that were likely tailored just for her.

Just back from seeing k.d.lang and the amazing company of After Midnight. It's also my second time, and it was great fun to see what Ms. lang brought to it, and the differences from Fantasia Burrell's presentation. k.d.'s voice was a delicious match for this style of music. I loved that the number at the end had k.d. dancing with two ladies...Ms. Burrell danced with two men..

her name is 'Fantasia Barrino'

respect the artist enough to keep the playbill and get the name correct

her name is 'Fantasia Barrino'

respect the artist enough to keep the playbill and get the name correct

How RUDE!!! It must be nice to be perfect. Skynyc just made a mistake which is certainly not a reason to state that the poster lacks respect.

Boston Bill

[video=youtube;TnHyShl3ilI]

WOW...just watched this video Mark, and at the end was a link to K.D.Lang singing "Stormy Weather"...which in turn brought back fond memories of the late, great, and one and only Ms. Lena Horne. Oh the memories of watching Lena Horne in concert. What a silky smooth voice, what style, what class, what passion, what she had to go through. God Bless K.D. Lang for keeping songs like that alive. AND thank you for posting and allowing me to drift back in time, for however brief.

Mea Culpa jimboivyo...thank you for pointing out my error.

Just back from a five day spell away from the computer and come back to find your reprimand.

Imagine, three stern mandates in only thirteen words, and not a "please" in sight. We had very different Kindergarten teachers.

Bosguy...thanks for the nice comment...it WAS an honest mistake, and in my NY apt, there isn't room to store old Playbills, but I could have looked it up on line.

Someone seems to be channeling operalover.

Archived