Taking LBT's Job: Happy B-day, Mr. Hagen

tyro
This topic is 3720 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since I had some negative blowback from a member about posts for birthday threads, I've mostly stopped doing them. I don't want to offend the delicate sensibilities of anyone here who might be offended by the thought of wishing someone a happy birthday. Heaven forbid.

But Happy Birthday Rod. When I saw on another thread that this April will mark your 15th year in the business, I was just amazed. You have an amazing reputation and that is truly remarkable. You must love what you do and that is just incredible. So thanks for all that you do. I hope you have a great day.

Ha. I wish. We sure sure sure could use the moisture. And I could use the cold air for a change. No, we were in the local mountains. Amazing how close they are. The LA cliche of Skiing and surfing (or swimming and hot tubbing if that's your thing) in the same day are absolutely true. I LOVE coming back from a day of skiing/boarding, walking to my local pool and stretching out w/500meters of swimming and 20 minutes of hot tub. Bliss. If LA would just get a healthy amount of rain and actual weather, it'd be paradise.

Ha. I wish. We sure sure sure could use the moisture. And I could use the cold air for a change. No, we were in the local mountains. Amazing how close they are. The LA cliche of Skiing and surfing (or swimming and hot tubbing if that's your thing) in the same day are absolutely true. I LOVE coming back from a day of skiing/boarding, walking to my local pool and stretching out w/500meters of swimming and 20 minutes of hot tub. Bliss. If LA would just get a healthy amount of rain and actual weather, it'd be paradise.

Have you ever been to Idyllwild? It's 45 miles West of Palm Springs and is a place that I have been reading about and I'm going to spend most of a day the end of March with my buddy, Tyger, while we're both in Palm Springs. It's in the San Jacinto Mountains and is a whole different world than what people envision when thinking about CA.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Boston Bill

I feel your pain Rod...LOL. As an ex-Angeleno, SoCal can be so damn frustrating in the winter. Amazing winter snow days locally are few and far between. Lack of moisture just goes with the territory. Mountain High or Big Bear rarely has decent coverage, which means you have to make the long drive to Mammoth. Where ever you ended up, I hope that it was a stellar day.

Have you ever been to Idyllwild?

Many times. There are a couple damn good, Yosemite-light, climbing areas near Idyllwild: Suicide Rocks and Taquitz. Idyllwild, sadly, is not the snowy winter paradise it used to be. Right now, I'm not even sure if there's snow there. Maybe, I hope for you that there is. But any time of year, dry or wet, it's a very pretty place and I'm sure you'll have a great time. I don't remember the name of the establishment, but you should bump into a restaurant "downtown" with a nice place to lunch on their front patio and enjoy wine (or coffee if it's cool outside (or wine THEN coffee, which is the proper order of things any time of year.)) Enjoy!

Archived