Fresh Fluff and Tyro Are Excused From This Topic

Gar1eth
This topic is 3706 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So about 'beards'- no not the female kind some guys use to fake being straight- the beards on our faces and chins.

So which turned majorly grey 1st the hair on your scalp- or in my case the hair on the sides of my head. Or did your beard turn 1st. My beard has turned almost totally white whereas what little hair I have left on my head is still salt 'n ' pepper leaning a bit more towards pepper than salt. I think the reason my beard is so white is that while I've mainly had a beard since my late 20's/early 30's, I'm not one of those guys who felt my beard was sacred and should never be removed. I used to, and still do if the occasion calls for it, shave it off at the drop of a hat and start over if it's not looking good. So I think with all the restarts aling with aging that I finally used up all the color cells in my beard hair follicles. In contrast I don't get my hair cut as often. I don't want to get my head shaved. But going to the barber every two weeks and leaving the chair after a minute is just a reminder to me of how bald I am, and I don't like being reminded.

Gman

Being blond, I have to look hard for the grey hairs, but am finding them more frequently. In particular, I find them in my sideburns and eyebrows. They tend to want to stand straight out rather than fall neatly into place with the others.

My beard however has changed much over the years. While it used to be entirely blond, and I could easily skip two days without a shave, now has darker patches around my chin.

Being 61 and originally dark haired, the grey really stands out. The density is not even. I didn't notice particularly more

grey in my beard before the rest of of my head, although I haven't had a full beard since my early 30's.

(Consistently what most people call a goatee, but apparently it techinically a van dyke).

There much less grey dead center in my chin and rather a lot of it 1.5" off to the side.

There is more grey highlight on the left side of my head than on the right. They grey is densest just above the ears.

there's relatively little in the bands where I would part my hear on either side.

I do have a bald spot typical of male pattern baldness but I think the spot is rather less than 3" in diameter and defintely

does not extend to the top of my head.

I'm grateful for how much I hair I still do have :)

Being 61 and originally dark haired, the grey really stands out. The density is not even. I didn't notice particularly more

grey in my beard before the rest of of my head, although I haven't had a full beard since my early 30's.

(Consistently what most people call a goatee, but apparently it techinically a van dyke).

There much less grey dead center in my chin and rather a lot of it 1.5" off to the side.

There is more grey highlight on the left side of my head than on the right. They grey is densest just above the ears.

there's relatively little in the bands where I would part my hear on either side.

I do have a bald spot typical of male pattern baldness but I think the spot is rather less than 3" in diameter and defintely

does not extend to the top of my head.

I'm grateful for how much I hair I still do have :)

From a hair standpoint- I dislike you intensely. Of course I also intensely dislike my almost decade older big brother for the same reason. It's not really fair that he's straight, much better looking (ie handsome), and at the age of 60 still has the majority of his hair when I was mostly bald at 28. And what little hair I have left is whiter than his too. Sigh.

Gman

Archived