Ice Cream v Frozen Yogurt

Gar1eth
This topic is 3735 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Starbuck

If eating didn't have consequences, I'd make Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey my go-to meal. But you know the saying--you are what you eat. I could be almost as pleased with a bowl of B&J's Liz Lemon (Greek frozen yogurt), one of the flavors maninsoma mentioned. Edy's frozen sorbets also pack a lot of flavor (and have fewer calories).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those with lactose intolerance, there is a great product I've had a number of times called Coconut Bliss made with coconut milk:

http://www.coconutbliss.com/

The coconut and chocolate flavors are really good. From their website it looks like they're only distributing on the west coast, but if you're over here they have it at places like Whole Foods and Molly Stone's. Perhaps there is something similar in other parts of the country, who knows. I'd put it on par with ice cream any day.

As a Hagen-dazz addict who's trying his darndest to wean himself from this good but bad stuff [calorie and sugar-wise], all that I can state here is that I like both "goooooood" ice cream as well as "gooooooooood" yogurt, but when tasting this cold, flavorful dessert, I normally purchase ice cream [HD] vs the frozen delicacy.

If there's a Mrs. Fields store at your local mall, try one of their smoothies. You pick the cookies and they take 'em right out of the case, throw them in the blender with some "mix" (it's whole milk/heavy cream) and give it a whir.

Chocolate chip cookies in a cup. Yum.

Mmm, sounds good; I'll give that a try if I ever get past eating the cookies whole!

Have you tried the Peanut Butter Dream Bar? My nearest store got rid of them, and I haven't been back since. :mad:

http://store.mrsfields.com/images/menu/small/brownie_pbdream_m.jpg

Archived