Online Gay Romance Scam...

bcohen7719
This topic is 3736 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

These scams have been around forever...I think what is important to note is that many of the guys getting scammed are very intelligent people. It always has baffled me. A dear friend who is CEO of a major corporation, fell in love with a girl in Brazil, and over the course of about a year she began asking for money, like thousands of dollars. He finally confided in me that he had exceeded 6 figures, and really couldn't explain to me why he had done it. It was almost like he was in some kind of trance. When he finally cut her off at my urging, she threatened to ruin his life, she couldn't of course, but it was always only about the money.

I'm not like that. I was seeing this kid from a club, and despite my generosity, he started asking for a few hundred dollars. Always to pay rent, fix the scooter, or whatever. I stopped him immediately, and just let him know that I wasn't doing that sort of thing....You have to keep your head about you all the time.

I've got this gerontophilic twink who's head over heels for me. I told him I'd split a large fortune with him if he doesn't mind fronting a little earnest-money and picking it up in Nigeria. http://www.boytoy.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

A couple of years ago, I met a young man on-line who was looking for a "mature" man for friendship AND. We met and I was very impressed even though he was much younger than I was. We spent quite a bit of time together and I bought him dinners frequently and we would go to movies, and, periodically, we would go to the mall and I'd get him things he especially liked (never expensive gifts).

I had emphatically told him I was NOT looking for a serious relationship. One day, as we both were sitting listening to music, he says "I'm moving in with you". I think I stopped breathing. I explained again about relationship issues and he replied "It would be good for both of us" I told him to get his jacket and leave and never contact me again. Fortunately he never did, but it could have been a real mess.

Boston Bill

I've got this gerontophilic twink who's head over heels for me. I told him I'd split a large fortune with him if he doesn't mind fronting a little earnest-money and picking it up in Nigeria. http://www.boytoy.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I like how you think Lookin...very clever stuff. LMAO!

Half a million dollars? Poor guy. :(

The desperation that makes these scams possible would fade away if the taboo against sugar babies (paying for long term companionship) disappeared.

Agreed.

Do you think taboos against gay sugar babies are worse than

the straight ones?

BC

Archived