1313 Haunted Frat, one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but with hot guys...

marylander1940
This topic is 3722 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest that I am trying to shore up the forum that interests me the most versus the person who thought it was of no value and thus should be allowed to take crap posts about bad movies. In another post, I mentioned that I had heard you were the board's elder statesman, but that can also translate to bully when warranted. I prefer to see you as the elder statesman.

As I understand it, the forum is about the Arts, those efforts at playwriting, dance, opera or music that have in them a dedication to quality. Comedy & Tragedy are derived from the Greek and were genres describing the entertainment sought. For a forum about Arts to succeed, it must necessarily limit the more common forms of entertainment such as television, in general, because, although something artistic can be presented on television, it just usually is not and is not expected to be.

Gay men are known for their love of the Arts, and thus a specific forum dedicated to those interests is a plum for a message board as it will attract readers whose interests are being met. There are larger forums like Talkin' Broadway, or All That Chat, which, although they discuss the theater, are so large as to be unwieldy, and the intimate camaraderie we see here rarely exists. So, I think an Arts forum is something worth preserving, and have no hesitation in saying so. Should the powers that be here make different choices, I, of course, would then make my own. But as of now, I came here to discuss the Arts, not some fleshpot movie. That movie may be a tragedy, but not as seen by the ancient Greeks or as commonly understood in the theater.

As I understand it, the forum is about the Arts, those efforts at playwriting, dance, opera or music that have in them a dedication to quality. Comedy & Tragedy are derived from the Greek and were genres describing the entertainment sought. For a forum about Arts to succeed, it must necessarily limit the more common forms of entertainment such as television, in general, because, although something artistic can be presented on television, it just usually is not and is not expected to be.

Gay men are known for their love of the Arts, and thus a specific forum dedicated to those interests is a plum for a message board as it will attract readers whose interests are being met. There are larger forums like Talkin' Broadway, or All That Chat, which, although they discuss the theater, are so large as to be unwieldy, and the intimate camaraderie we see here rarely exists. So, I think an Arts forum is something worth preserving, and have no hesitation in saying so. Should the powers that be here make different choices, I, of course, would then make my own. But as of now, I came here to discuss the Arts, not some fleshpot movie. That movie may be a tragedy, but not as seen by the ancient Greeks or as commonly understood in the theater.

How do you say "pompous ass" in Ancient Greek?

Archived