Cooking schools in Italy

HardnThick
This topic is 3737 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Let me please ask one more time…………….

Has anyone been to a cooking school in Italy (maybe Tuscany) where it’s a combination guest house and cooking school?

I’ve heard wonderful things about them in conversations but no one had any details or even names of such places.

We have such a cosmopolitan group here in the Forum that I hope some could share their experiences.

Thanks so much.

You might want to check out http://www.epiculinary.com. The site lists cooking schools in both France and Italy. Several years ago I seriously considered taking a class at Lorenca De Medici’s school in Coltibuono Tuscany. She authored a number of great Italian cookbooks. I even went so far as to visit her estate but decided that it was too far from everything. Good luck and have fun. If you decided to take a class I would enjoy hearing how it goes.

Check out Fattoria Poggio Alloro located 5 km from San Gimignano in Tuscany. I visited San Gimignano a few years ago and found this agriturismo with outstanding views of the city. I did not stay here but had lunch and toured the farm. I highly recommend having lunch if you are visiting the region. I also purchased their olive oil which I find remarkable.

I am told that the term “agriturismo” is not really an Italian word but rather represents a new term combining the words agriculture and tourism. It refers to a vacationing farm house. Fattoria Poggio Alloro is a working farm that supplies their own restaurant with organic products.

In addition to providing lunch and a place to stay, they also offer cooking classes. I have not attended one of the classes but can attest to the restaurant and products that they produce.

When I toured Tuscany, I had fun exploring all of the small Tuscan towns. I few times, I had my GPS take me on a scenic route and I ended up on dirt roads driving through the countryside of Tuscany!

Archived