Atlanta scene

GeorgiaBob
This topic is 3759 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Swinging Richards is good and on the 3rd song they get fully naked. However know that 1) they aren't allowed to get hard which is lame and 2) if you go to the VIP Lounge with a stripper you'll be paying $100 every 15 minutes with him on top of the VIP Lounge fee. Also, if you pay with a credit card they tack on a 10% fee.

Having just returned from ATL a couple of hours ago, I couldn't wait to post about my experience. I'll post more explicitly in a separate thread. But I wanted to answer your particular question about what's open for older guys.

I've been to Swinging Richards; I know their brand and I love their men. I do not love their prices!

I went to Bliss and BJs. I was not the oldest guy in either bar (I'm mid-40's) by a long shot! Bliss was meh. I really was looking forward to something that could compete with SR. It doesn't come close. The bar is gorgeous but there was not one dancer that weighed more than 150 pounds and maybe the oldest was 23. I like the younger guys but I like to know I can buy them a drink and not be breaking any laws! And I prefer bodybuilders but am happy with just nicely muscled guys - like they at least work out. That was not the case at Bliss. I was very sad that was the case because I really wanted something that could be comparable to Swinging Richards. Maybe on some nights there are beefier guys at Bliss but there weren't any there on Saturday, December 28!

Now BJs, totally different story. There were over 20 dancers and, in my estimation, there were 7 nicely muscled guys there. I chose to focus on two that seemed to be a little bit cocky and lots of fun. I was right on all three accounts - muscle, fun and they knew they had good bodies so they liked to share it. More to GeorgiaBob's point - they were incredibly friendly with every patron that tipped them -especially those who took them for a private dance.

Here's my advice: if you like what you see, let the dancers know that you like it and show them some "appreciation". Giving them the signal that they have a customer's interest makes them do the work of getting your attention. GeorgiaBob, I hope you'll have a great time! I sure did. I haven't been to ATL (at least to go out) in years. I will now make it one of my destination spots.

In town for a couple days and popped in last night to BJ's and Bliss. Swinging Richards' prices are crazy to me and I'm not much into muscle, so BJ's and Bliss are perfect for me, especially since they're neighbors. It's only my 2nd visit to ATL... and it was a quiet night last night, but still fun. First stop was going to be BJ Roosters, but when I pulled into the lot, my heart sank when I saw the building was gutted out and for sale. I vaguely remember hearing they were on the move, but Google Maps pointed me to the old place. I headed across the street to Bliss.

It was deadly quiet. But it was a Thursday night and it was cold and actually snowing. There were about 7 or 8 dancers... 2 or 3 were cute to me. The bartenders were model gorgeous. I only had one drink because the price structure blows. $140 for 15 minutes to me is silly. Maybe if it was Zac Efron. :) I asked one of the dancers what happened to BJ's and he reluctantly mentioned they just moved down the street in the other direction. Tipped him, did some googling on the phone and I was off.

The new BJ Roosters is bigger. But when it's a quiet night like last night it can seem like a ghost town. I saw a redhead I remembered checking out the first time I came to ATL about a year or so ago. He's cute and twinky. LOVE the new place's private rooms. THe old place basically used Kleenex tissue for curtain and it stopped 4 feet above the floor. Not so private. The new place has Johnny's style cover, but the rooms are bigger.

There were probably 4 or 5 really hot dancers and a few that weren't so much my type.

Tonight I'm sure will be jumpin' at both spots. I may head to SR early just to say I did it. Any locals reading... is it like Campus in Montreal where the smaller/younger guys dance early?

I agree with Jake and msclwrsper regarding bliss. I prefer not so muscled guys and still didn't think that bliss had much to offer. The atmosphere just seems off to me and I'm not sure I could explain it. BJs can be a little hit or miss but generally I have always found a couple of dancers that do it for me and compared to SR, you get much more for your money. SRs is always consistent and for that you have to give them credit. However, the last few times I have been to SRs, it seems that the customer service from the dancers has depreciated while the prices remain the same....maybe I just caught a bad couple of nights/dancers. Good luck in ATL.

Ok. So I don't get the sr prices are crazy. Yes they have a cover ($10 on most nights). Yes drinks are a bit high - but they are twice as strong as what you get elsewhere. Yes there is a parking charge of $3. If you can't afford $3 for parking you can't afford to go to a strip club.

I was at SR NYE. They had a lot of hot dancers... And amazing looking new guys including Brent and Travis. (Go to the website and check out the dancer gallery to see just a few. There is a wide variety to. Twinks, athletic, muscular, body builders, hairy, smooth, black, white, Latino. It costs $15+ To go to a movie before you buy a drink and popcorn. The "show" at Richards is a much better value for my $$$

Btw - Brent is the hottest guy to work at Richards since A young Samson started back in 2003. I'm just hoping he sticks around.

I agree with Jake and msclwrsper regarding bliss. I prefer not so muscled guys and still didn't think that bliss had much to offer. The atmosphere just seems off to me and I'm not sure I could explain it. BJs can be a little hit or miss but generally I have always found a couple of dancers that do it for me and compared to SR, you get much more for your money. SRs is always consistent and for that you have to give them credit. However, the last few times I have been to SRs, it seems that the customer service from the dancers has depreciated while the prices remain the same....maybe I just caught a bad couple of nights/dancers. Good luck in ATL.

Friday night was much better at both spots. And I even gave Swinging a try for the first time.

Since I didn't get any warnings, I dropped into SR wayyyy too early. It was a ghost town. First dancer went on at about 8:15. No twinks, but a few muscle twinks caught my eye. It is a beautiful club and the layout's nice. I also appreciate that the DJ is on top of the music... playing songs that help fuel the mood... Timberlake, Usher, etc. I mentioned this on another thread but music really is something that most clubs overlook. They leave it on autopilot and don't put any effort into matching the dancer with the right music.

I stayed until about 10... place filled up quickly after 9. There were chicks, but they weren't obnoxious. Also I liked that the dancers waited for you to shoot them a look... none were pushy at all.

There were enough guys to keep my interest, but BJ's and Bliss are definitely more geared toward my taste so off I went.

BJ's was jumpin'. There were about the same # of dancers at Thursday night, but the place was packed with customers. I did a couple private dances... $20 a song, but open to negotiation - I usually do a quote for time not songs. There was something for everyone... not a lot of muscle guys, but there were a few.

Bliss I think is in trouble. It's unfortunate. They have a few really hot dancers... probably more than BJ's. But again the $150 rate for a private dance is unrealistic... especially when BJ's is a 3 minute drive away. Table dances don't really appeal to me. But if you are just looking for some friction, the $10 a song price tag is far more reasonable.

The only other thing I don't really dig about Bliss is the 3 songs in a row format... when a dancer takes the stage you're not into, you're stuck with them for 20 minutes.

The smoke at all these places is frustrating, but not any more than it is in the Florida clubs. BJ's was definitely the worse in that respect.

It was a fun couple of nights. Atlanta really is underrated... I should go more often. Rental cars can be had for $10 by bidding on Priceline... and my 3 star hotel was about $50 a night after taxes.

Yes that's exactly it. $3 is far too much money for me. *eyeroll*

15 minutes of private fun at BJ's: $50. At SR: $150.

Bjs doesn't have Aspen, Ricardo, Brent, Mayhem, Bravo, Travis, Alex, TK, Rome, Jersey, or Clint to name but a few. I was at Bjs about two months ago. Nothing there is worth $50

Archived