411 on new nude strip club opening in Miami

Cock Eyed Optimist
This topic is 3702 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I just texted a friend who lives in the heart of South Beach. He is a bartender in SB and in Lauderdale, but he has never heard of it. He is young and very very involved in the social scene there, so if the FR does exist, I would be interested in knowing more also.

Sorry I don't have more information...BVB

Well, I signed up for their mailing list, even though I have no plans to get to South Florida this winter. Does anybody know whatever happened to Therapy, the other all-nude Miami club that opened not too long ago?

I heard that therapy didn't do very well and has already shut down.

Thanks for posting about this new place; I hadn't heard about it. I hope it succeeds but the location is VERY random. It is in an industrial area full of warehouses near the airport. There really isn't any much else in terms of nightlight in the area. It almost reminds me of Swinging Richards in Pompano Beach but at least Boardwalk and Johnny's is about 15 mins away from SR. Should be interesting once this place open!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes if their is any questions about The Floppy Rooster, please feel free to ask.

For some to let you know the club is not that big but it is vary nice,not a dive bar just posh cock! . We will have some of the best customer service, also with great management (Management includes: Sam Manager from Secrets in D.C & Matthew Dance Manager from S.R Atlanta. Yes, area a little odd but once you step inside you won't want to leave thats all you really need to know.

Also it is open EVERY FRIDAY & SATURDAY from here on out!!

At Grand Opening date is then when we open a Thursday as well! Questions Please (Yes most can be answered on the Facebook page)

Hello once agin, A answer for all the Club Therapy Questions: At first once I left S.R because of bad management ("Not Atlanta" only Flordia). Now the following day I was approached by Cupids Mike to make him the best with therapy, "I said sure why not sounds appealing". LoL, I left with in one week. Lets just say once agin their a reason Cupids closed and Miami has a spring of just horrible Management. I say, "if your not Gay why get into the bizz".. So therapy as a gogo bar will never be back. Also if they got naked they did not have a license for it. Passion, sexy and a legit bizz is what i like. Ive been a dance Manager/Dj for 7years.

• 2 weeks later...

Bozo took the plunge and went with a few of his posse members to the Floppy Rooster this past Friday night.

The club is located in a warehouse district, around the corner from a straight strip club (Vivid?). Parking is $5.00. Valet parking is available.

The club is not very big (a little smaller than Boardwalk), and designed very poorly. The dance stage is huge, and located in the middle of the club. It must take up about 75% of the club's floor space. The stage has 2 poles, and it could probably fit the Radio City Rockettes, the June Taylor Dancers AND Fred and Ginger. Due to the size of the stage, there is very little seating available. If you don't get there early, expect to be standing up all night. The bar is situated along the wall; however, probably due to lack of space, there are no bar stools. Drinks were very reasonably priced. If you're lucky enough to get one of the few seats, don't expect a waiter. There are none. The ceiling is very very high. Bozo expected to see a few of the dancers, who climbed the poles, get nose bleeds. Apparently, the space was empty a few weeks ago, and the stage/room was built from scratch to look like this.

On the positive side, Sam, the club manager, went around to all the patrons, introducing himself, shaking hands, thanking the customers for coming, and seeking feedback.. He told Bozo that the club was be expanded (adding about 500 square feet) soon. That will be much needed extra space. He was also pushing the food served at the club. It's hard to figure out where he expected us to eat dinner. On the floor perhaps? At one of the tiny tables?

The dancers were typical of the South Florida clubs - mostly Latino with a few Caucasians. Many of the dancers had formerly stripped at Swinging Richards including Freddy, Thiago, Javier, Angel, Alfie, Roland, and others whose names I forget. In fact, former Swinging Richards' deejay Matt was doing his thing at the Floppy Rooster.

The club started to get crowded after around 10:00 PM. It was tough to even find a place to stand after 11:00 PM. There were women, but only a handful, and they were well behaved. Lap dance prices were $20.00. One needed to first purchase a wrist band for $10.00, which was a one-time fee, and good for the entire night. VIP rooms were $125 for 15 minutes ($100 to the dancer and $25 to the club). Bozo didn't get the prices for 30 minute and one hour VIP room sessions.

Final grade for the club is a C+. It's clearly a work in progress.....

Thanks for the post, Bozo. It sounds like Floppy Rooster has similar rates to the VIP rooms at Swinging Richards. I personally thinks those prices are a bit steep. Can you tell us more about the lap dances? Are those somewhat private or are they done out in the open? I'm heading to Miami in a few weeks and would like to check it out. Thanks!

LOVED Floppy Rooster!

I was lucky enough to be part of the Bozo entourage, and I had the time of my life! Not only did I get to spend time with the man, the myth, the legend -- BOZO, I got to see a lot of my favorite dancers from the Swinging Richards of Aventura days.

We got there around 9:45pm, and we were approached by the parking attendant. Luckily for me, Bozo speaks Spanish, so we found out parking was $5 either by attendant or myself. Admission was $5, which was more than fair, and thus we entered the pleasuredome.

Sam the manager greeted us and Matt came down from the dj booth to say hi. I couldn't be more impressed with the management and staff. They make you feel welcomed and gives a good start to the evening.

Bozo was correct, the place needs to work some kinks out, like seating, and the dance floor was more than needed. We got there just in time to get great seats and spend time soaking in the atmosphere of hot dancers.

I was in heaven when I found out Thiago was working there, and you can't go wrong with Javier, Angel, Louis and all the best former Swinging Richards dancers. New faces like Danny and Leighton just added to the excitement.

Lap dances were $10 for a wristband for the night and $20 a song. The rooms are separated by blurred glass partitions, so you have more privacy and it's well lit. I didn't get a chance to do a private, but the rates are about $20 less than Swinging Richards. I, also, didn't get a good look at the 30 minute and hour charges, but they were less, as well.

I love this place, and it's not because I had about 5 guys sitting on my lap at any one time, but it just felt comfortable like I was back at the Aventura location. Plus, they are open until 5am. We need to try the food for review at a later date.

Hello once agin, A answer for all the Club Therapy Questions: At first once I left S.R because of bad management ("Not Atlanta" only Flordia). Now the following day I was approached by Cupids Mike to make him the best with therapy, "I said sure why not sounds appealing". LoL, I left with in one week. Lets just say once agin their a reason Cupids closed and Miami has a spring of just horrible Management. I say, "if your not Gay why get into the bizz".. So therapy as a gogo bar will never be back. Also if they got naked they did not have a license for it. Passion, sexy and a legit bizz is what i like. Ive been a dance Manager/Dj for 7years.

Wow! It's a good thing you're managing a bar and not teaching English grammar or spelling!!!

I love this place, and it's not because I had about 5 guys sitting on my lap at any one time, but it just felt comfortable like I was back at the Aventura location. Plus, they are open until 5am. We need to try the food for review at a later date.

A food review, from a male strip club? Let me go right to my Zagat guide.

Now, how loud is the music?

sorry

A food review, from a male strip club? Let me go right to my Zagat guide.

Now, how loud is the music?

Sorry, I was dreaming of working for gay zagats! The music was just right loudness for a club. It wasn't annoying like boardalk or out dated like swinging richards. I didn"t leave with a blaring headache and I could actually hear Bozo speak and not yell over the music.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally checked out the Floppy Rooster about two weeks ago on a Thursday night. Yes, the location is kinda random but it works. It's attached to a bigger, female strip club. There is a side entrance to FR. Cover was $5 and there were about 10-12 dancers with 2 dancing at a time on stage. All the guys were muscle-y, several hot ones. The private VIPs are $125 for 15 mins which is better than Swinging Richard's $145. I did a private with "Oz" - great body, great face, sweet fun guy. I was pleasantly surprised with my experience and look forward to going back!

Archived