Someone copied my ad headline almost word for word:

JoeyBryant
This topic is 3770 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I skimmed the site and I can't find the ignore feature. Where's it at? :cool:

Go to the Member List Profile of the person you wish to ignore. In the upper left, the Ignore feature is fourth on the list following Add A Friend, Send a Private Message, and Send An Email. It's not completely effective because if the person on your ignore list is quoted by another member you end up seeing the posts anyway.

I'm certainly not a JoeyBryant apologist, but I agree that if I saw two ads in a city with those headlines, I'd think the guys were somehow connected. When 2 guys are visiting Dallas from the same city and have similar language in their ads, they are usually traveling together, especially if they are the same ethnicity. Guys from Chicago and Miami/Fort Lauderdale do this a lot. If there are two Latino guys from Florida visiting Dallas for the same dates, I assume they are linked. By the same token, I'd think that Joey and the "copycat" are working together.

Right...and I've seen ads like that too. That's another reason I was a little miffed about it. Because the person hadn't even contacted me or indicated that he did want to work together. He almost wanted to try and duplicate my persona, but draw attention to his photos. It's just not a very smart business move, but it has the possibility of drawing attention away from my ad.

Anyhow, I received a text from him today saying that he's available. Saying that he received a text the other day, and if he can help me. Apparently he sort of forgot the entire conversation that took place. I reminded him again that I contacted him because I would have preferred he contacted me, before lifting text off my ad. That time, he went ahead and admitted and said he'll edit it.

As I stated in my blog, that would be like Progressive suddenly saying, "5 MINUTES or less will save you MORE THAN 15% on car insurance." And then using a Nile Crocodile as it's mascot. It's basically using the same slogan, switching up a couple of words and adding a little explosiveness to it. People would be mistakenly signing up for Progressive instead of Geico. We'd be hearing on the news that Progressive gets slapped with a multi-million dollar lawsuit for all damages both past, present and future. They would not have been so courteous to contact them about it, as I was.

It's the same thing, on a smaller scale.

Archived