Now For Some Real Obamacare Information (verus that other thread)

EZEtoGRU

My situation: Retired in December 2009. Whilst financially secure, my early retirement did not include health-care coverage. I Paid for Cobra coverage through June 2011. After that, I was rejected for health care coverage in the Texas Open Insurance Market due to long-standing hypertension (which is controlled with meds) and some minor skin cancer issues (not melanoma). Previous to Obamacare, Texas insurers could do whatever they wanted and reject whomever they wanted from getting health insurance. I was one that was ignored and allowed to fall through the cracks in Texas......and I was happy to pay for Health Insurance. I was not looking for a freebee.....yet I could not get insurance.

I was without health insurance from June 2011 till Feb 2012 (thanks to Texas Republicans). Then I qualified for the pre-existing condition insurance plan(PCIP)which was a part of the early Obamacare rollout. Of course, I had to pay for it (no problem with that), but it was reasonably priced.....and I had health coverage! Anyway, that PCIP coverage is what I have used up until now but I need to transition to the full ACA effective Jan 1. Thank goodness for Obamacare for allowing me to get PCIP health insurance coverage for that period of time. However, it would only last till Dec 31, 2013.

I initially tried to enter the Healthcare.gov site in about mid-October 2013. It was a mess.....a cluster***k. Suffice to say I could not accomplish anything on there at that time. I wasn't really upset. I assumed they would sort things out soon enough.

Fast-forward to today. I set-up an account on Healthcare.gov and enrolled into a Blue Cross plan. The cost of the plan is reasonable. I made a mistake with the Phone number I used to enroll which required me to call the National phone-bank to sort it out. I called and expected to be on hold for hours......I was talking to a human being within 30 seconds of being put on hold. Let's see how things go with my application for Blue Cross coverage, but my experience today was un-eventful. The whole process took me about 35 minutes. No big deal.

I thought it was important to interject a dose of reality into the Obamacare discussion on this forum. So much of what we see on the other thread is such BS and nonsense.

coverage, but my experience today was un-eventful. The whole process took me about 35 minutes. No big deal.

I thought it was important to interject a dose of reality into the Obamacare discussion on this forum. So much of what we see on the other thread is such BS and nonsense.

Ok, let us know when you have some reality to interject.