BLas Vegas-Blue Moon Resort?

tony
This topic is 3760 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://bluemoonlv.com/

I know some people have commented on this place, but has anyone actually stayed there and would recommend it or not?

It looks small but nice, at least in these photos, not far from the strip, and well, just curious as to anyone with real experience having stayed there or knowing someone who might have and would they go back, etc.

Thanks guys.

sorry, I haven't stayed there, but have driven by it a lot....a somewhat dull location next to I-15 at Sahara...perhaps a half-mile from a not-so-happening stretch of the Strip.....in LV, I prefer places where I can walk to stuff easily....

on the other hand, the website indicates it gets great reviews and it's the only place of its kind in LV, so there's that.....

I hope others can give direct experience, but I wanted to offer a comment on the location

sorry, I haven't stayed there, but have driven by it a lot....a somewhat dull location next to I-15 at Sahara...perhaps a half-mile from a not-so-happening stretch of the Strip.....in LV, I prefer places where I can walk to stuff easily....

on the other hand, the website indicates it gets great reviews and it's the only place of its kind in LV, so there's that.....

I hope others can give direct experience, but I wanted to offer a comment on the location

I tend to agree. From the outside, it's just a Motel 6. It's not what most go to LV to experience. I think you can get a day pass to their pool. I suggest trying that first.

Thanks guys, those are good observations. I have been to Vegas many times and always stayed at strip hotels, Mandalay Bay, Caesars, Mirage, etc., but wanted a "gay" experience in vegas, something I have thus found to be non-existent. Even the couple of gay dance clubs/bars I went to were a huge disappointment in many ways. I love the idea of a day pass for the pool at the resort. I also realize the website photos never look like the real place. I wish someone would make a really good gay resort, or club or something to enjoy Vegas nightlife and some gay fun. Odd that there's so little sexual variety for such a happening city.

Stayed there a few years ago with 2 fellas for a weekend. It's a nice enough place, nothing special hotel-wise. Clearly not in the same category as the big Strip hotels. Nice pool and hot tub area. Great to be able to sunbathe nude, apply oil to your friend(s) without concern for what others may think (or fear of being asked to leave). NOT like a bath house with room doors open inviting anyone strolling by to enter. (Is there still such a hotel in West Hollywood that is [in]famous for this activity?)

Understand it has been remodeled at least once since I was there. Would stay again if was with someone and wanted to use the pool. Of course, you MUST have a car since it is rather far from the Strip and restaurants (except for a cafe down the street that's great for breakfast). On their mailing list so get announcements of events and special parties. My $0.02.......

Thank you LBCABob, your 2cents worth is worth a great deal more to me. I like the insights as to it not being like a bathhouse atmosphere. I've stayed in gay hotels before but none where nudity is 100% allowed. I do like big hotels with nice rooms. My travel partner and I have a lot to discuss, all your comments help. Thank you!

Archived