Foreplay: New NYC Event starting 12/15/13

Cooper
This topic is 3763 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PhoenixFL

Cooper,

This announcement is good news, since I am planning on being in NYC this coming Friday, Dec 13th through Monday, Dec 16th, so will be able to check this new Club out. I will be in town and also bringing my favorite NOLA Corner Pocket Club dancer, too.

Is this New NYC Male Strip Club still going to be opening on December 15th, as planned? Are you or any of the regular posters on this site planning to attend Dec 15th?

John Pela

Cooper,

Is this New NYC Male Strip Club still going to be opening on December 15th, as planned? Are you or any of the regular posters on this site planning to attend Dec 15th?

John Pela

JP, Yes, this event is still a go! Not sure who's going to attend. Enjoy your NYC trip.

Coop

Foreplay at Studio 21

Here's some info I copied from their Facebook page:

Tonight, Sunday, Dec 15th

FOREPLAY at Studio 21

A new destination for something alternative NYC

20+ Sexy Dancers

Private Lap Dance Area

VIP Packages Available

Music by DJ Alex Tech

2-4-1 Absolut Happy Hour 6pm - 8pm

6pm-1am

$10 Cover All Night

Studio 21

59 West 21 Street

For reservations and bottle service email sashaseven8@gmail.com

Foreplay: Opening night review

It seems that every week a new male strip club is opening in NYC. Last night I attended the grand opening of "FOREPLAY" at Studio 21.

From the outside, this easy to find location, looks like a warehouse with only the number 59 over the door's entrance. Once inside you climb stairs (similar to the Gaiety) to reach the bar on the second floor. This bar is really nice. Formal looking (used to be a Greek restaurant), larger than some other NYC bars hosting male dancers, with a state-of-the-art lighting and sound system, ample seating, large bar, modern restrooms, etc...

The men running this event are very friendly. They introduced themselves and asked us for suggestions... Foxy, in his very professional and likeable style, explained that the patrons attending these events are older but not hard of hearing. Hopefully, the music level will be lowered the next time.... Also, if you advertise "doors open at 6pm", have some dancers ready to work. Again, we like the early bird hours but do expect some entertainment ready to go.

The event was very professionally run. There was a door man, a man collecting the $10 cover, a coat check person collecting $4 per coat, an attendant in the restroom who came with a massive supply of drug store items, 2 very handsome bartenders working shirtless, a waiter clearing away the empty glasses/bottles and a very talented DJ with a nice mix of songs.

As the night progressed, more and more dancers appeared. Some told me they used to work at the 20 Club, a few worked at Evolve, and a couple were new to NYC. There were about 8 dancers. Unfortunately, there is no stage and the dancers had to perform on a sill behind the seating area. The lap dance section is private with a curtain divide.

IMO, opening night was a great success. People like me missed the comforts of Sunday night at the 20 Club, hopefully, Foreplay can fill that void. It was also good seeing some of the "regulars" in attendance. It's your support that keeps these clubs coming.

Hope this helps,

Coop

Great review Cooper :) I'll have to try it next weekend!

It seems that every week a new male strip club is opening in NYC. Last night I attended the grand opening of "FOREPLAY" at Studio 21.

From the outside, this easy to find location, looks like a warehouse with only the number 59 over the door's entrance. Once inside you climb stairs (similar to the Gaiety) to reach the bar on the second floor. This bar is really nice. Formal looking (used to be a Greek restaurant), larger than some other NYC bars hosting male dancers, with a state-of-the-art lighting and sound system, ample seating, large bar, modern restrooms, etc...

The men running this event are very friendly. They introduced themselves and asked us for suggestions... Foxy, in his very professional and likeable style, explained that the patrons attending these events are older but not hard of hearing. Hopefully, the music level will be lowered the next time.... Also, if you advertise "doors open at 6pm", have some dancers ready to work. Again, we like the early bird hours but do expect some entertainment ready to go.

The event was very professionally run. There was a door man, a man collecting the $10 cover, a coat check person collecting $4 per coat, an attendant in the restroom who came with a massive supply of drug store items, 2 very handsome bartenders working shirtless, a waiter clearing away the empty glasses/bottles and a very talented DJ with a nice mix of songs.

As the night progressed, more and more dancers appeared. Some told me they used to work at the 20 Club, a few worked at Evolve, and a couple were new to NYC. There were about 8 dancers. Unfortunately, there is no stage and the dancers had to perform on a sill behind the seating area. The lap dance section is private with a curtain divide.

IMO, opening night was a great success. People like me missed the comforts of Sunday night at the 20 Club, hopefully, Foreplay can fill that void. It was also good seeing some of the "regulars" in attendance. It's your support that keeps these clubs coming.

Hope this helps,

Coop

I stopped by around 7, but the doorman told me that there was only one dancer inside. I left with the intention of going back later, but never made it back. Btw, the doorman looked very familiar. Not 100% sure, but I think he's a (former?) dancer who used to dance at 20 under the name Milan or Milano. Very hot guy.

Hi CEO. It's not that I'm just a cranky old man (which I am) but painfully loud music has always bothered me even when I was a cranky young man. Why clubs persist in this is beyond me. I like to have a conversation with friends and the occasional dancer without screaming 2 inches from their face. I need to start carrying ear plugs with me.

Guest PhoenixFL

Excellent Review & Good to See the "regulars" Again at Foreplay Club

Hope this helps,

Coop

Cooper, Excellent review, reminds me of the old Gaiety weekly reviews.

I was glad that I happened to be in NYC this last weekend for the opening of Foreplay Club and got to see you and some of the other "regulars" again. I had a good time last weekend showing my guest, Talan (the star dancer of the New Orleans Corner Pocket strip club), many of the NYC sights. Also, we also went to Evolve Strip Club on 58th at 3rd Ave Saturday night, after our Broadway show, and also later Sunday next night (after leaving Foreplay Club) for the advertised Boys-lesque at Evolve.

Saturday night was heavy rain and after a on-hour slushy walk from Times Square we made it to Evolve Club. There were at least 20+ dancers there and about same # of patrons (probably because of the rain/cold). But it was dead Sunday night at Evolve, just a couple of dancers were there mostly who had just left Foreplay Club. The Boys-lesque was advertised to start at 10pm but did not start until 11:30, but had only 6 dancers and only 6-8 patrons. Saturday night was much better at Evolve and I think is probably even more patrons attend when the weather is better. That is my feedback about Evolve Club.

Anyway, good to see you, Foxy and some of the other "regulars" at Foreplay Club.

John Pela

• 2 weeks later...

So my age will easily become visible when I say I not only remember the Gaiety, but I used to go on occasion. I was disappointed when it closed down and mistakenly thought that was the end of male stripping in NYC. I am excited to learn about Foreplay and hope to go very very soon. Thanks all.

Archived