How's Toronto these days?

fedssocr1
This topic is 3715 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So, Air Canada is having a sale. Only $235 rt from DC which is probably half the price of what fares have typically been in recent years. And thus I have decided to return to T.O. for the first time in 7 or 8 years. I used to go up there a few times a year when flights were cheap and the C$ was worth little. I am interested to see how things have changed since I was last there.

The most recent reviews I have seen say that Remington's is pretty bad these days which is disappointing. And that the other club (Flash? or something like that) is apparently also not so great. So I guess I may have to find some other way to spend my time. I am headed up for Presidents Day weekend. Any recent T.O. experiences?

Flash on Church Street is pretty good, there are usually a couple of dancers that appeal to me... the younger 'boy next door' types. There are plenty of former Remington's dancers there, some that are getting a little 'long in the tooth' and there are lots of laser lights that are really distracting in some seating areas but otherwise a very nice club. Remington's was completely remodelled and looks great, too bad most of the dancers are not as attractive. The main floor allows women which is a turn off for me... the upper level is men only and can sometimes be good... watch out for jacked up cover charges on weekend nights after 11pm, it's a real rip off. Like most dancer clubs, both in Toronto are hit and miss... good luck :)

I was at Remingtons this past weekend and it was as great as usual, 4 or 5 guys that are very hot, model good looks, my type for sure, also a couple dancers from Montreal clubs were there for the weekend. The biggest change since my last visit is the lighting in the private booths are brighter making them a bit transparent from outside the curtain, not as private as in the past resulting in dancers being a bit more bashful than I have experienced the past couple years. Like Campus most of the guys are available for "privates" Hotel fun. Stay upstairs away from the girls and weekends are best. Campus in Montreal is still my favorite but Remingtons is still my number two.

Bozo has had pretty good experiences at Remington's recently. Much like the clubs in Montreal (and unlike the clubs in Florida), it has a good diversity of boys - a different flavor to wet your passion, regardless of your preference. There are a number of blonde, well-built, Bel Ami model types as well as twinks, Latinos, bodybuilders, etc. The club is modern (having recently been renovated), drink prices are reasonable, and the boys aren't overly aggressive. If being in the presence of females is bothersome, just stay upstairs where women are not permitted on weekends. Also, Remington's, like Stock and Campus, is gay-owned and operated. That's a big plus in Bozo's book.

Flash On Church is still a work in progress. It's more "clubby" than Remington's, and IMHO the boys aren't nearly as hot. Seating at tables is mostly off to the side with only partial views of the stage. Big plus for Flash is that it's located in the heart of the gay village.

Bozo

Thanks for these recent reports. That is certainly much more encouraging. I used to have a fantastic time at Remington's back in the late 1990s heyday of the place. I had been trying to figure out where to stay. But after hearing these good things I guess the Eaton Chelsea it is! I like being able to just walk across the street and be at the club. And getting back to the hotel late at night couldn't be any easier.

Thanks for these recent reports. That is certainly much more encouraging. I used to have a fantastic time at Remington's back in the late 1990s heyday of the place. I had been trying to figure out where to stay. But after hearing these good things I guess the Eaton Chelsea it is! I like being able to just walk across the street and be at the club. And getting back to the hotel late at night couldn't be any easier.

The Eaton Chelsea is conveniently located across the street from Remingtons. The Courtyard by Marriott is also a good choice. It's a 5-minute walk down Yonge Street to Remingtons, and a block away from Flash on Church.

Bozo

The former Delta and now Eaton Chelsea is very convenient for sure. The last time I was at Remington's my favourite dancer that night and I spent a lot of time in the back room and there wasn't much that didn't happen. Be sure to let us know about your experience.

The former Delta and now Eaton Chelsea is very convenient for sure. The last time I was at Remington's my favourite dancer that night and I spent a lot of time in the back room and there wasn't much that didn't happen. Be sure to let us know about your experience.

Who, prey tell, is your favourite dancer? Inquiring clowns want to know.

Bozo

I stayed at the Courtyard once or twice back in the day, but have preferred the Delta now Eaton for a variety of reasons including that it is right on the airport bus route which just adds to the convenience. And I always liked that it was so gigantic that you could be pretty anonymous. I hosted my favorite dancers there many times including a tall, skinny, stunning, twinky blond boy whose name I don't recall.:-) I used to love this place across from Eaton Centre that for a short time was an apartment/condo hotel. But then it shifted from short term to requiring longer stays. So many good choices which I think helps to keep hotel rates quite reasonable.

Paid a visit to Remington's last night. It still, in my opinion, suffers from an 80/20 mix of not hot/hot dancers, with the 80% being slightly out of shape. (At least, compared to the Montreal offerings). That said, there was one incredibly well-built muscle guy (didn't catch his name - he was very busy with back to back customers) and a cute new blond twink named Ashton. There is also a nice, very tall Hungarian guy who has been around a little while. Very friendly and easy to talk to.

The other issue with Remingtons is that the bottom floor can be very loud (it is pretty much constant screaming girls), and the top floor (men only) seems too quiet. I sometimes find myself wandering between the two, for the variety.

All said - still a decent place to visit.

• 2 months later...

So I am here now. I spent a few hours at Remington's tonight. It didn't seem all that different from my past times there. As always, the guys I have no interest in are the ones who approached me. Plenty of muscle though if you are into guys like that. A decent variety of types and styles.

This kid named Connor was my favorite. Getting his attention was surprisingly difficult, but we had a good time in the VIP room. He's early 20's, blond, handsome, awesome voice, big dick, really nice body, fuzzy chest, butt and legs. If I lived here I would go broke. He said he spent the last couple months in South Florida so some of you may have seen him there. He was pretty interactive in the back room. Seemed like a really good guy to me.

I am terrible with names, unfortunately. There's one Eastern European guy who I really liked. Big nose. Great body. Very graceful on stage.

There was another handsome blond guy called Max who said he is Czech but grew up in Canada and went to university in NY. He tried pretty hard to seduce me at one point.

There was one slender French-Canadian looking boy. Sideburns. Hairy chest. Big dick. Seemed pretty straight.

One thing really missing is cute little twinky boys, which I love. But there was enough to keep me occupied.

I got there around 9 and the downstairs was empty. Cover was $10. Soft drinks are a whopping $5.50. But I am pretty good at nursing a drink. I stayed downstairs for a little while but not many guys and the ones who were there were only paying attention to the women. Eventually I went upstairs and it was like a totally different bar. It was more like the old Remington's. More crowded, more guys circulating. It didn't have quite the same feel as the old days but it was not bad. Even though it was more crowded it wasn't exactly what I would call hoppin'. The downstairs renovations are quite nice. Upstairs didn't seem to have changed much other than the bathroom which is a little cramped with 2 stalls but still nicer than the way it used to be. The VIP booths seemed to be about the same other than now costing $5 instead of $2 like it used to be. It's $20/song. Connor was very good about counting with me.

When I left the downstairs was full of women with most seats taken. Certainly more full than upstairs by a long ways. I think the guys seems to mainly circulate upstairs though.

Overall it was fine and I plan to go back tomorrow night.

Sounds like a pretty good summary. I would add that while there might not have been any last night, there usually is a twink or two. There is a guy who goes by Ashton who I believe still works there. He also advertises on Rentboy sometimes (currently listed in Toronto under the name "Ashton")

Hi fedssocr,

Bozo was at Rems last night too. It was probably difficult for you to get Connor's attention, since he was at Bozo's table being entertained by his favorite clown. Bozo has known Connor for a while, and I agree that he always provides a fun experience. Max is Bozo's favorite. Tall and blonde like Connor with a more muscular body.

You should come by tonite and say hello to Bozo. If you're not sure which one Bozo is, just look for the guy with the big red nose. If you're still confused, just ask Connor. He'll point me out :).

Weather here is not too bad for Toronto in February. Balmy at around 30 degrees, and no snow :).

Bozo

It was nice meeting the famous Bozo T Clown.

I wouldn't call it balmy exactly,especially tonight as it's pretty frigid out at the moment.

Criticize the club if you want, but they really pack the women in downstairs. It's a lot of screeching and noise, but everybody's having a good time. Hopefully the guys are making money. There were certainly some women in the back rooms when I was in there. I still prefer the quiet of upstairs better. It's nice that they can have both spaces.

I did talk to Max last night but I was more interested in Connor.

One other thing the place is missing is an Asian dancer or two, but that has almost always been the case. The city has gotten so Asian since the last time I was here. One thing I have always loved about T.O. is the diversity and it seems to be even more diverse than ever now.

So, I spoke too soon about the Asian thing. There is one Asian dancer, Rain. He's from Taiwan originally but has been in Canada for 16 years. No idea his age. I would guess late 20s. Great lean, defined body. Very sweet guy. His stage show is very gymnastic.

Sunday-Thursday the cover is lower ($5 when I got there around 9) and only the upstairs is open and it is coed. It was pretty dead for a while and then it filled up. I guess the holiday weekend might be part of it. Fairly even men/women ratio when I left but it was pretty low-key. Not a lot of screaming.

I hope to be back before such a long time again. I really like the city, but it has definitely gotten more expensive. I don't recall paying so much for meals for example.

"I really like the city, but it has definitely gotten more expensive. I don't recall paying so much for meals for example."

Keep in mind that Americans get a 10% discount based on the curent US/CAN $$ conversion rate. That's the best it's been in quite a long time. BOZO took advantage and did some shopping at the Eaton Centre where many of the stores were having holiday sales (it's a holiday weekend up here in Ontario too). BOZO love a bargain. Sears was having a going-out-of-business sale where there were markdowns of 70 and 80 % :).

fedssocr, glad to hear you found your Asian boy. Although the dancers at Remingtons are overwhelmingly Caucasian, there are at least two black dancers - Lance and Miguel; a Latino - Julio, who seems to be there every night; and an Arab dancer - Brad, who also seems to be there all the time.

BOZO's only regret this visit was not making it over to Flash On Church. That will have to wait till the next trip.

BOZO

Even with the sales at Eaton Center I didn't feel like I saw many bargains. Maybe I am just cheap. :-)

It's certainly not the good ol' days when the C$ was only worth US$0.67. Those were the days. You could also get one of those brand new condos for C$150K in those days.

Archived