Earbud-Peeve

Gar1eth
This topic is 3807 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Am I in a minority that the shape of my ears won't keep an earbud in? I mean I try putting those mostly flat ones in- the kind a lot of people wear and the ones they used to include in with the iPod or even some freebies from some of the airlines, and they fall out. The only ones that will stay in or more the ones with of an elongated end that actually sticks into as opposed to sitting in the ear. It's not an enormous problem. I have tinnitus and the last thing I need is to have music blaring in my ears constantly, but it is a peeve for the few times I occasionally want to.

Gman

Am I in a minority that the shape of my ears won't keep an earbud in? I mean I try putting those mostly flat ones in- the kind a lot of people wear and the ones they used to include in with the iPod or even some freebies from some of the airlines, and they fall out. The only ones that will stay in or more the ones with of an elongated end that actually sticks into as opposed to sitting in the ear. It's not an enormous problem. I have tinnitus and the last thing I need is to have music blaring in my ears constantly, but it is a peeve for the few times I occasionally want to.

Gman

Same problem here. I bought a pair of Bose earbuds that have cushions of different sizes.

I've never even tried to use the style that's just a small, relatively flat disc. I imagine they might stay in if you're absolutely still, but they definitely would be problematic for workouts at the gym -- which is where I use my earbuds, for the most part.

I, too, purchased earbuds that came with a variety of sizes and types of tips. I prefer the soft plastic ones with multiple flanges, but some others I know prefer the squishy foam ones. The sound quality significantly improves when you find a tip that properly fits your ear.

Gman

G, there's not a day that goes by without my cursing these effing awful ear-things that came with my iPhone. I need some Bluetooth headphones, stat.

G, there's not a day that goes by without my cursing these effing awful ear-things that came with my iPhone. I need some Bluetooth headphones, stat.

Ditto. These things never work for me - I have to wear the kind with the little hooks on them that go around the ear.

I wonder if this has something to do with the resurgence of those big ol' 70s-style headphones people have been wearing?

Ditto. These things never work for me - I have to wear the kind with the little hooks on them that go around the ear.

I wonder if this has something to do with the resurgence of those big ol' 70s-style headphones people have been wearing?

I think the Beats brand/style is about superior sound quality (mine has absolutely no bass whatsoever). I have the hook-style ones too for working out, and the iAbomination ones for talking on the phone and dictating texts and email.

Archived