Moths

friendofsheila
This topic is 3793 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ugh. I have to put my good wool clothes* in plastic clothes bags and add moth repellent. Yeah, it smells, but it works.

I think I'd like to go one better than the plastic clothes bags I get at the hardware store, because they are cheap and sometimes tear up at the top.

Any recommendations for good clothes bags that will last, and keep in the moth repellent?

*not the cheap ones. The moths don't go near them for some reason.

Ugh. I have to put my good wool clothes* in plastic clothes bags and add moth repellent. Yeah, it smells, but it works.

I think I'd like to go one better than the plastic clothes bags I get at the hardware store, because they are cheap and sometimes tear up at the top.

Any recommendations for good clothes bags that will last, and keep in the moth repellent?...

Go to The Container Store. They have bags made of cloth, bags made of vinyl and a breathable material, and others that are better than the ones available at the hardware store. Target and Lowes also sell bags that are sturdier. They sell cedar planks and balls that will repel moths without that awful mothball smell.

Go to The Container Store. They have bags made of cloth, bags made of vinyl and a breathable material, and others that are better than the ones available at the hardware store. Target and Lowes also sell bags that are sturdier. They sell cedar planks and balls that will repel moths without that awful mothball smell.

Cedar planks require I keep re-sanding them to keep the repellent smell "active". I'm not attentive enough to remember this.

But I'll try your other suggestions.

Thanks.

Cedar planks require I keep re-sanding them to keep the repellent smell "active". I'm not attentive enough to remember this.

But I'll try your other suggestions.

Thanks.

Not the ones they sell there. Had 'em for years...no degradation of the scent. They also sell sachets, cedar balls, etc. If you keep the clothes in a protective cover the moths won't get in.

Archived