Cheney v. Cheney

bcohen7719

BOTH... they love the publicity that this stuff generates... really kind of sad that neither one of them can keep their mouth shut. I could care less what either one of them or their Dad thinks about this issue. And Dad loves the publicity even more as it keeps his name in the spotlight, which he has less of now that he is no longer the VP in charge of getting the USA into unnecessary wars.

yes, it's all about publicity and promotion....if this was a private family issue, they'd know how to keep it quiet, if that's what they wanted....I wonder when the book tour starts....

I don't have a horse in this race at all, but can recognize PR when I see it, usually.....

Some Of My Daddy's Reviews (updated link coming soon-ish)

Pronouns: me, me, me

I hadn't thought that it was a planned PR move. But I guess y'all might very well be right. My thoughts on this article were 'way to totally throw your younger daughter under the bus for the sake of power'.

NYTimes: Cheneys Defend Elder Daughter in Feud on Gay Marriage

http://nyti.ms/1bzeSrG

Former Vice President Dick Cheney and his wife said the feud pained them, but supported Liz Cheney, whose opposition to same-sex marriage has prompted criticism from her sister, Mary, who has a same-sex spouse.

On the other hand, I don't know how my siblings would feel if tried to marry someone. As I've never even had a boyfriend, I doubt it's likely to come up. My siblings now know I'm gay - and while in general we haven't discussed it a lot, they have been supportive. But I don't know if the support would go this far. And I don't care to broach the subject with them. As if they said 'no', I'd be hurt. And as it's not likely to happen, well as they say, ' when ignorance is bliss, it's folly to be wise'. That is not to say that if a miracle ever happened, that I found someone, that I would hide the relationship. All I can hope is that they would be there for me.

Family issues are tough.

In any case, if I were Mary, I think I'd not be letting my children have a sleepover at Aunt Liz' anytime soon.

Gman

Gman

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, The Great Gazoo is always right!!!!

Would It Be Hypocritical?

So it sounds like Liz Cheney has enjoyed family get togethers at her sister Mary's house. And even if not at their house then at other family gatherings. If news reports can be believed, Liz loves Mary and may even be fond of her partner Heather. But she still does not believe in gay marriage. Is it then hypocritical for Liz to enjoy hospitality at Mary and her partner Heather's house or to attend other family events together if she does not believe in the validity/morality/legality of their marital status? There is a point for not disturbing family peace at gatherings. On the other hand if she is so dead set against gay marriage, shouldn't she have the courage of her convictions to live them? Should she show up at events where her sister's relationship is out on display or accepted as normal? If she is truly against gay marriage should keeping quiet for family peace be acceptable? As I said in my last post, family situations are tough.

Gman

Gman

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, The Great Gazoo is always right!!!!

I apologize if this thread should be in the Politics Forum. I didn't think about that when I was responding to it.

Gman

Gman

I apologize if this thread should be in the Politics Forum. I didn't think about that when I was responding to it.

No worries. It should probably go there so people can reply candidly (and will go there as soon as I've finished typing this).

Liz Cheney is mounting a (failing) tea party challenge to a sitting republican so she HAS to position herself to his right. As it happens, he's already really far right so there isn't ANY room to give on ANY issue and certainly not Teh Gay. Not in Wyoming! <wagging finger>

Papa Dick wants to support his little candidate and get her elected.

It's all posturing. The only voice that rings true is Mary's wife. She's calling BS on the whole works.