I JUST realized that I HATE the gym..anyone else?

Michael Wayne
This topic is 3801 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with the inappropriate prescribing. There may be "new stories" but there are not new "studies" all over the place which say testosterone replacement in the deficient patient is wrong.

As one who does prescribe, but appropriately, I am aware of the legitimate and peer-reviewed studies and the literature out there. They do raise some questions, not alarming however and not enough to discontinue the usage in otherwise healthy patients.

Funguy

I'm also tired of the aloofness that is extremely prevalent at my present gym.

THANKYOU!

My gym is the same way. In fact, I don't know if it's a 'chain' gym syndrome (Bally, 24 hr, LA Fitness, GOLDS) or not. Or if it's just a Western thing or not (guess not, you're in DC). But the 1 thing that occasionally irks me about the gym is there is no social aspect to it. I mean, a gym could very easily be a social thing, where you have the chance to meet people who like the same thing you do. Gyms should have optional 'social meets' where people could meet and get to know each other. But it's not.

Occasionally, I'll chat up with a guy who looks approachable...and in fact there was 1 guy who CLEARLY was looking at me everytime I walked past him. So, I stepped out and introduced myself, and he act like he didn't know a lick of English. I'm like, that's so fucking silly. Why are you acting all intimidated? Atleast respond back in a complete sentence. It doesn't help that there's barely any person of color at my gym anyway. Exactly why I want to get the fuck out of Colorado. People so damn insular out here.

Having gone to the gym for 5 years, I have yet to meet a single workout buddy or friend from it. I've exchanged numbers with 1 guy in Dallas...but it never went anywhere. Then, there's this freak from Grindr who goes to my gym and looks at me but never says anything, but will send me a messaage on grindr afterwards and even talked about doing something in the showers.

I just try to zone out and ignore it all. Focusing on it will only serve to pull me away from motivation and eventually stop going. But, I wish it was like in Middle and High School where I actually made FRIENDS when I went to fitness class.

I was in Alameda, California near the Bay area earlier this year and was given a day pass to a small local gym. People there just seemed to be more open to conversing and even "working in" (something I'm not too keen on, but it was a nice gesture). The bigger gyms just seem so pretentious, but they are usually the ones most up to date. I think the next gym I go to, will be a smaller one though.

Archived