Impulse

Steven_Draker
This topic is 3816 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

[video=youtube;-QK-2GtjGAM]

Non-profit organization Impulse Group has released a new PSA that encourages gay men everywhere to know their statuses and exercise the proper precautions when engaging in sexual activity.

"This short highlights the journey from a break-up to knowing one's HIV status to communicating that status. And of course, love and compassion prevail," the video's description notes. The PSA also shows that two men with different HIV statuses can be together, as long as the proper protection and precautions are taken.

There are a huge number of resources available regarding living with HIV, check them out to educate yourself about the disease. To learn more about Impulse Group, visit the organization's website. http://impulsegrp.org/

Wonderful post Steven. So well done about a very serious topic that affects so many great people (DOIT as a perfect example). One of its important messages is the need to have a close friend (confidant) to be with you at the beginning and along the many bumps in the road.

Boston Bill

Made me cry, Steven. A big hug and Thanks for your continued efforts on the behalf of HIV Testing and education around this issue. I can't tell you how much ignorance and fear surrounds me as a poz guy. xoxo

Richard, I've posted before that two of my ex-boyfriends were HIV-positive and alas I'm aware of the discrimination that some of you face on a everyday basis. I've traveled four times to California to take part in the AIDS LifeCycle ride and fight stigma. After all these years, I still encounter a lot of ignorance and complacency (I don't want to test, I don't want to know, I don't care).

Discrimination of the condition still means that people are scared to get tested.

"HIV stigma fuels people's fear to test, which in turn leads to new infections as people don't know whether they have HIV or not"

The greater message this campaign delivers is that "two men with different HIV statuses can be together, as long as the proper protection and precautions are taken".

I can vouch for this.

Steven,

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS. And to Richard (Doit) for his courage in sharing his situation and his road forward. I lost many friends in the early years of HIV and AIDS, when little was known about the transmission, but some unfortunately who refused to deal with the realities of transmission. And I broke up with a very dear friend when he decided not to have protection all the time, and he was an incredible bottom. Fortunately, I have found many guys who have different HIV statuses who are living a relatively normal life, and love and care for each other through all the ups and downs. This is a great video and I wish more guys would take this seriously.

Thanks again for this post.

Archived