Veteran's Day. Almost forgotten.. let me never forget.

jackhammer91406
This topic is 3790 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There are many words, but most are inadequate.

How do I summon the right words to express my gratitude to the many men and women who have taken up arms and served my country so that I might remain free?

It seems a task too great for my meager skills.

Perhaps simple is better.

Thank you to all the brave men and women who faced all manner of horror for my freedom’s sake.

When I was young there were parades. Now one wonders if there is an app for that.

Let me never forget you and your service as long as I may live.

It is sad that Veteran's Day is not more widely celebrated. I work in the banking industry, so it is an observed holiday. In an email to IT managers informing them they could allow their employees to leave early on Friday, one IT exec reminded them to thank a Vet. I thought that was a nice touch.

in discussing Veteran's day in the office, one of the very young, and admittedly not too bright clerks mentioned that she loves her veteran. And when she was asked what she meant, her veteran. She said: "You know the guy who takes care of my dog. He really deserves it." So to all the veterans, thank you for your service. As for the vets, a small nod in your direction as well, because, you do take good care of my dogs.

I'm glad to see this thread out here, because if it wasn't I was going to start it. It is a day I will always remember and remember to thank all of those who served. I've told the story many times of my first trip to Palm Springs weekend. One night we went to the Palm Springs Follies. And the end of the show, they asked each of the veterans in the audience to stand up (by branch of service). I was so proud of our group, long before DADT came and went, to see that almost half of our group was standing. So to all those who have served, you have my respect and gratitude. Thank you!

\May I suggest you thank veterans of Iraq and Afganistan personally, if you know any. It would help them a lot.

My thanks to my Iraq vet will be texted to him shortly. I am always so proud of Dane Michaels. Two tours as a Navy medic attached to a front line marine unit. What he saw, what he lived through, I can never comprehend. It is only one reason why I am so immensely proud of him and why I am so honored he calls me a friend. He is always the first one that comes to my mind on Veterans' Day.

Archived