Be kind to one another...

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 3819 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don't know how you cannot love that woman. She even makes ME want to dance and that really takes some doing. Just a kind, decent, warm, generous person. Daddy always told the story about "If you want Whoopi, you gotta pay for Whoopi". Maybe I'm gullible, but I don't get that with Ellen at all. I don't think it's an act at all.

Like most kids who grew up in the midwest far from big city things like comedy clubs, I first saw Ellen on the show we used to just call "Carson". I've been a fan since that first appearance, where Carson called her over to the desk after her set. She was the first one. (Before then, the curtain would part and the comic would come out, then after the set the comic would step back and the curtain would close.)

Cynics will of course say "it's all image". It's easy to say she's just following the Oprah and Rosie O'Donnell model: give 'em free crap and they'll love you but she's doing it in a way that makes everyone feel good about it.

It takes a real hater not to appreciate what she does.

Archived