Travel Question re: American Airlines/British Airways "One World"

actor61
This topic is 3818 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A few weeks ago, somebody posted a question regarding interntational Business Class travel, and now I have a question on kind of the same topic. I am flying to London from L.A. next month on American Airlines in their new 777 Business Class, and returning on a British Airways A380 in Club Class. Has anyone flown on either of these aircraft in Business and if so, was the experience as advertised? The new AA Business Class has gotten pretty good reviews on the travel sites I have visited; all seats have aisle access and the window seats (which I reserved for myself) are great for solo travelers according to the reports. From what I can tell, Club Class on the British A380 is comparable to the same class on the 747s and 777s except that the upper deck extends the entire length of the plane. I have also booked a window seat on this flight. I'd be interested to hear from others who have flown on these planes.

I've been on AA 777 Bizyness a couple of times and the new seats are very comfortable, window seats being especially spacious. Food is pretty good, and the wines selection is good. Service level depends, as always, on the crew on your particular flight. Boarding is good, and at you do get access to their lounges. Terminal 3 at Heathrow was being remodelled last time I was there, but I hear it now much improved.

BA Club on a 747 is not as good., but I've never flown their 380s. Seat maps of the downstairs Club cabin look identical to their 747 plan, but upstairs is 2:3;2, rather than 2:4:2. The middle pair on 2:4:4 are ok if you're travelling with someone, but all inside seats involve climbing over you aisle mate. If i were to tchoose I'd definitely go for the upstairs layout.

Whatever you choose be sure to check out seatguru.com to check on individual good and bad seats Have a great trip, and let us know what you find out about the BA 380.

A few weeks ago, somebody posted a question regarding interntational Business Class travel, and now I have a question on kind of the same topic. I am flying to London from L.A. next month on American Airlines in their new 777 Business Class, and returning on a British Airways A380 in Club Class. Has anyone flown on either of these aircraft in Business and if so, was the experience as advertised? The new AA Business Class has gotten pretty good reviews on the travel sites I have visited; all seats have aisle access and the window seats (which I reserved for myself) are great for solo travelers according to the reports. From what I can tell, Club Class on the British A380 is comparable to the same class on the 747s and 777s except that the upper deck extends the entire length of the plane. I have also booked a window seat on this flight. I'd be interested to hear from others who have flown on these planes.

I was on the new AA 777-300 last month to/from Sao Paulo. Although I was in the F cabin, I did get up and check out the biz cabin. It was very very nice. All aisle access seats. No more crawling over a seatmate to get to the aisle. I have not been on the BA A380 yet but I'm not at all a fan of the BA biz class layout (some UA planes have the same layout) with 8 across on a 747. The new biz class seat on the AA 777-300 is widely regarded as the best seat between the US and London of all carriers these days. Its certainly the best within the OW alliance. The service can be very variable however. Why not take AA one way and BA the other and then compare for yourself?? Just a thought.

AA currently are operating 6 or 7 of the new 777-300 aircraft with the new seats. The rest of their 777 fleet is the -200 version which still have the old style seats inside. The seat conversion of those aircraft is scheduled to commence in early 2014. When you make your flight reservation, be sure you're booked on one of AA's 777-300 routes....I believe LAX-LHR is indeed one of them.

I was on the new AA 777-300 last month to/from Sao Paulo. Although I was in the F cabin, I did get up and check out the biz cabin. It was very very nice. All aisle access seats. No more crawling over a seatmate to get to the aisle. I have not been on the BA A380 yet but I'm not at all a fan of the BA biz class layout (some UA planes have the same layout) with 8 across on a 747. The new biz class seat on the AA 777-300 is widely regarded as the best seat between the US and London of all carriers these days. Its certainly the best within the OW alliance. The service can be very variable however. Why not take AA one way and BA the other and then compare for yourself?? Just a thought.

AA currently are operating 6 or 7 of the new 777-300 aircraft with the new seats. The rest of their 777 fleet is the -200 version which still have the old style seats inside. The seat conversion of those aircraft is scheduled to commence in early 2014. When you make your flight reservation, be sure you're booked on one of AA's 777-300 routes....I believe LAX-LHR is indeed one of them.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm taking the new AA Business Class from Los Angeles to London, and returning on the British Airways A380 3 weeks later. It's all part of the One World code sharing program and was surprisingly affordable.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm taking the new AA Business Class from Los Angeles to London, and returning on the British Airways A380 3 weeks later. It's all part of the One World code sharing program and was surprisingly affordable.

A perfect solution. Have a great trip and do report back on your experience with both aircraft!

Archived