Lou Reed has died...didn't know he was bisexual

azdr0710
This topic is 3824 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

No cause of death yet, but he had a liver transplant in May.

Let me guess... Hep C? Well, I guess we'll find out when the death certificate comes out, assuming there's no hanky-panky on the part of the doctor filling it.

Thanks for the amazing video Steven.

Lou Reed was an amazing talent. It was his siren song that drew me to New York.

He made me want to be a New Yorker...before I even really knew what that meant.

I just knew that he was like me and wherever he was was where I wanted to be.

His music and lyrics have touched me deeply over the years. I am profoundly saddened

by his death. Nonetheless, it was the music of Lou Reed that first taught me how to

mourn with all my soul and still "fight through the fire to the light".

RIP Lou Reed

Lou Reed never hid his sexual orientation. but the song Walk on The Wild Side had nothing to do with gay or bi sex. it it, he sang about transvestites, junkies, and hustlers - but there's really nothing dealing with same-sex sex, per se.

perhaps the more telling song showing his own love of men is Oh Jim.

I loved - and continue to love - his music. I remember in college laying around with friends, hungover from the nights before, listening to the Velvet Underground. and Transformer - one of the first albums I owned - is still one of my favorites. every fukkin' song on it - absolutely amazing!

Archived