Is the Online Dating Scene Getting Better?

FreshFluff
This topic is 3836 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm noticing something interesting lately. When I ask for a man in a certain age range who's well spoken, educated, and accomplished, a high percentage of my responses come from from men who are exactly that. That doesn't mean they're perfect for me--or I for them--but they fit the screening criteria. It used to be that I'd have to weed through a ton of emails from guys who weren't what I was looking for but 1) tried to convince me that they are or 2) tried to convince me that I didn't need the qualities I wanted. There are still some responses like this, but the number has gone down.

Of course, that means there's a lower volume of responses, but that's fine with me.

Has anyone noticed the same thing on Grindr and other gay sites?

I'm noticing something interesting lately. When I ask for a man in a certain age range who's well spoken, educated, and accomplished, a high percentage of my responses come from from men who are exactly that. That doesn't mean they're perfect for me--or I for them--but they fit the screening criteria. It used to be that I'd have to weed through a ton of emails from guys who weren't what I was looking for but 1) tried to convince me that they are or 2) tried to convince me that I didn't need the qualities I wanted. There are still some responses like this, but the number has gone down.

Of course, that means there's a lower volume of responses, but that's fine with me.

Has anyone noticed the same thing on Grindr and other gay sites?

Don't know about grindr or other gay sites FF, but this year I went to LA to a wedding from a co-worker who just married a guy she met on e-harmony. She has been on it for a couple of years, and suddenly last year she met this guy. We all had dinner a few times before I moved. He is really a decent guy. He came packaged, as advertised, and brought a lot to the table.

Don't you think that it really is just a numbers game? Given enough time, I am convinced "The Prince" will come along for you.

Don't know about grindr or other gay sites FF, but this year I went to LA to a wedding from a co-worker who just married a guy she met on e-harmony. She has been on it for a couple of years, and suddenly last year she met this guy. We all had dinner a few times before I moved. He is really a decent guy. He came packaged, as advertised, and brought a lot to the table.

Don't you think that it really is just a numbers game? Given enough time, I am convinced "The Prince" will come along for you.

It is a numbers game, but the better self-screening on the part of the respondents makes it easier to go through my responses. Or maybe there are just more smart, educated finance guys online. Not sure.

But I'll never forget our dinner at Per Se, BVB. :cool:

It is a numbers game, but the better self-screening on the part of the respondents makes it easier to go through my responses. Or maybe there are just more smart, educated finance guys online. Not sure.

But I'll never forget our dinner at Per Se, BVB. :cool:

Well I hope not....;)

Hey, I saw what you wrote about "cutting spending." Did you take a look at my avatar? We persiansrequire a lot of money for upkeep. Cutting costs is a non-starter.:rolleyes:

lol....Understood, but the cost cutting was for young Zach. Me? There always will be plenty of money to keep Fluffy in "Ermine and Pearls"

lol....Understood, but the cost cutting was for young Zach. Me? There always will be plenty of money to keep Fluffy in "Ermine and Pearls"

That's better. Now excuse me, I'm off to tuck into that caviar dinner you brought me.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/200502239-002-white-persian-cat-eating-caviar-from-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=ShltPQe%2BSBVGkC%2Ben8E5UCzehKpt6OWmi6R3YYgrRyW5TDnduGkio6kVpkZH4mjF65IJ%2FvAR3%2B9XGl%2BaEYBf0w%3D%3D

That's better. Now excuse me, I'm off to tuck into that caviar dinner you brought me.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/200502239-002-white-persian-cat-eating-caviar-from-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=ShltPQe%2BSBVGkC%2Ben8E5UCzehKpt6OWmi6R3YYgrRyW5TDnduGkio6kVpkZH4mjF65IJ%2FvAR3%2B9XGl%2BaEYBf0w%3D%3D

:( Webpage won't load...

Archived