Cards: e- or greeting?

friendofsheila
This topic is 3806 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Do you still send out actual, physical cards?

I still do, but I think half of my friends send me e-cards, which I find lame.

Ooops...guilty as charged. Well not always, but if I just want to say hi to an old friend or relative in the middle of the week for no particular reason, which I do a lot, then e-cards are just more fun and a little more personal than an email that says "hi"

IMO anyway.

Last Wednesday was my birthday and I received abut 45 greetings through Facebook, two e-greetings and two physical cards through USPS. While grateful that friends and relatives remember me at all, I find Facebook birthday greetings less than satisfying because I know there is a reminder available there and basically Facebook is doing the remembering. Don't like e-cards at all---I mean the ones that come from sites which either sell or give away video greetings. Love those that sent me birthday cards through the mail---and I hope that doesn't disappear before I die.

I had gotten into the habit of sending ecards to large numbers of people for many reasons recently. Wanting to get back to being more personal with those closest to me, I have started sending paper cards through the mail--have gotten a great deal more and genuine responses from recipients this way. Still send ecards for general keep in touch or fun times.

Boston Bill

I have never laughed so hard at someecards, which more often than not I find to be absolutely brilliant. The only printed card series I think is consistently funny are the ones with the vintage photos and the snarky typed comments. I'd much rather have a good belly laugh than a physical card any day.

I'm with you. I carefully select cards for all occasions along with special stamps to accompany them; I find this to be oh so much more persona and meaningful

than a friggin' e greeting. E greetings are so impersonal; thus I "do the cards" and will continue to do so until I no longer can!

Archived