Spaniard Jock in Seattle

sailz
This topic is 3816 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sorry, posted this in the spa by mistake, it should be here:

Looking for 411 on this guy: any info greatly appreciated

http://www.rentboy.com/Listing.aspx?lid=205210&scid=102274528&sp=1&pos=9&locid=1686&iid=86164

Thanks

He's also advertised on Backpage off and on for a year. And my gut feeling is that there is some kind of scam going on. When he actually showed his face in his ads- which he does on Backpage- I am not entirely sure that the guy in his first ads is the same guy as in his current Backpage ads. They were similar looking - and maybe just the fact that models can look different depending on hairstyles and lighting.

But also his measurements change. Sometimes he's 6'1" and sometimes 6' even. And on his Rentboy ad he says his build is average. It seems to me I've seen a lot of scams where the description doesn't match the pictures. I mean let's face it - most of the guys with great physiques who advertise know they have great physiques. The 'ask me' for all his charges is also a frequent practice of scammers.

So there are too many red flags-not to mention I'm a top although he has hinted to me he might bottom in the brief correspondence I've had with him.

Gman

He's also advertised on Backpage off and on for a year. And my gut feeling is that there is some kind of scam going on. When he actually showed his face in his ads- which he does on Backpage- I am not entirely sure that the guy in his first ads is the same guy as in his current Backpage ads. They were similar looking - and maybe just the fact that models can look different depending on hairstyles and lighting.

But also his measurements change. Sometimes he's 6'1" and sometimes 6' even. And on his Rentboy ad he says his build is average. It seems to me I've seen a lot of scams where the description doesn't match the pictures. I mean let's face it - most of the guys with great physiques who advertise know they have great physiques. The 'ask me' for all his charges is also a frequent practice of scammers.

So there are too many red flags-not to mention I'm a top although he has hinted to me he might bottom in the brief correspondence I've had with him.

Gman

Even on the page supplied, he gives two different statistics for his weight. In his narrative, he says he weighs 175 pounds but on the same page (in the area where he lists his weight) he says he weighs 162 pounds. Thirteen pounds difference on the same page is quite a lot.

His other ads conflict. If this is not a scam, I would be surprised.

-

I am fairly certain I met with this guy last year when he was using a different name and pictures - I am basing this on the phone number and the ad. Not exactly a scam but definitely not a good experience. He does have a nice body, but lied to me about liking to kiss and I don't think he was particularly interested in sucking me either. He also had a lot of acne which I could've overlooked if everything else was good but it contributed to an overall bad experience. To top it off he was expensive. So depending on your definition of scam maybe it was one.

First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone who took the trouble to reply. Your input has been very useful.

I have been texting the guy for the last day or so and my gut feeling from the response has not been great. Getting a face pic from him was a major undertaking. His initial response was "?" and that was it for the night. I had no idea what that meant but in light of Gar1eth comments:

"He's also advertised on Backpage off and on for a year. And my gut feeling is that there is some kind of scam going on. When he actually showed his face in his ads- which he does on Backpage- I am not entirely sure that the guy in his first ads is the same guy as in his current Backpage ads. They were similar looking - and maybe just the fact that models can look different depending on hairstyles and lighting."

it makes perfect sense. He seems to have forgotten that his current ad in rentboy has no face pic where most of his other ads (backpage, men4rentnow, which I have seen) do. I too have been following his other ads and had pretty much decided that he was just posting random pics of good looking guys. The name he seemed to use most often in those was "Alex Ponce." Unfortunately none of those are posted now and I didn't connect this one with them so I couldn't compare the phone number.

Anyhow last night we talked a bit further (texting once again) and he did send me a face pic via cell phone -- the detective in me wants to look and see if I can extract any metadata but haven't yet. I would be glad to send this to anyone interested. The photo looked good so I started to make arrangements but first looked at this thread and decided to postpone it. In the process, we finally exchanged names and he said his was Alex. This immediately rang a bell and wanted to say "Alex Ponce?" but asked if he had posted any other ads. His response was "no, bro -- only in rentboy."

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it :) Thanks again to everyone for the useful input.

Archived