Underwear

Tighty
This topic is 3840 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is it common for men to retain their underwear while having a massage? I ask because I do. But I don't really know the standard procedure. I had massage at the Chinese places in shopping places and the masseur would sometimes rudely pull down my underwear, massage my back to butt then snap it back on. Lol.

Everyone is certainly free to do as he pleases, but if I couldn't be nude during a massage, I wouldn't do it. If I got strictly therapeutic massages, which I don't, I could understand if the masseur wore shorts and a T-shirt. But if my masseurs I use aren't nude, forget it.

totally agree with Beethoven. No point in trying to massage around the clothing. I've had strictly therapeutic massages, and wild sex massages, and never had had a stitch on.

Even at spa's like Burke Williams in LA and SF. I get completely nude. Since the massage is completely therapeutic the masseur will just fold the towel to cover your ass and balls. I have had a few get very close to touching my most private of areas, and for one fleeting moment, you just hope....but alas, they never have.

My first massage was at the Bellagio spa. Upon arriving at the spa, I was instructed to disrobe and put on a robe, grab a beverage, and sit in the waiting area. I must have given the desk clerk an unusual glance because he then said that if I would be more comfortable, I could leave my underwear on; however, I would be draped throughout my massage and most guests preferred wearing no clothes as they would not interfere with the massage. Since then, I've never thought of anything other than nude.

I have always been nude, even at the most luxurious of hotel spas. I even had a massage at a spa once where the Russian female masseuse instructed me to remove all my clothes and simply put a towel over my buttocks before she came back to start the massage. It was a fantastic massage, strictly therapeutic, but there were times when I was on my back that the towel really didn't cover me all that well. She took it all in stride, and some of her moves caused me to react, but it did not phase her in the least. I have also been at hotel spas where the masseur started out wearing sweat pants and a T-shirt, and after awhile asked if I minded him taking off his shirt, and then later in the massage removing his sweat pants, because he was sweating. He wore very short shorts that was almost like wearing nothing, but it was still strictly therapeutic. I just can't imagine wearing underwear for a massage, even if it is strictly therapeutic.

I've been to spas in North America, Africa and Europe. With the exception of Thai yoga massage, I've never work a stitch, and I don't remember ever seeing another man wear anything other than a robe between treatments. I know of a gay Thai yoga therapist who offers mutual nudity, but with all the twisting around and getting walked on I'd rather keep things under wraps. It's a modality that I'm sure very few people would find erotic.

I've never had a completely naked therapist in a mainstream spa, but I have been joined in the water room by therapists in bathing suits. That's just practicality. Nothing sexual at all. Sometimes at a new age place a therapist has said he (or she) preferred to work naked for "energetic" or political reasons, and emphasized that it's my option and not sexual.

Archived