Tomorrow People: is it hot enough?

friendofsheila
This topic is 3837 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I watched a few minutes of "The Tomorrow People" on CW, where a high-school boy with zero acne and superhot pecs gets recruited into a gang of superhot, superpowerful people who don't have acne either.

Pretty silly stuff, but shirtless dudes who shave their chest deserve at least a look-in.

Anybody else see it?

As it happens it is a new version of a show that originated in the UK in the 1970s. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC reminds me of the Old series "Thunderbirds".

The handsome young protagonist on The Tomorrow People is the younger brother of the oh so hot star of Arrow.

As it happens it is a new version of a show that originated in the UK in the 1970s. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC reminds me of the Old series "Thunderbirds".

The handsome young protagonist on The Tomorrow People is the younger brother of the oh so hot star of Arrow.

THUNDERBIRDS? Good Lord, man, you must be older than Methusalah!

i was hoping for some serious Sci-Fi when I tuned in to the replay of the Premier. Definitely hot men. but, then again, "america's Next new Hot Model" or whatever that program was, had more flesh. I think it was on the CWM station.

Continuing: I am a hard-core Sci-Fi fan. I hoped (and still hope) that Tomorrow People will be up to Scifi standards, which are random at best but readily recognizable. Still, it's great eye-candy.

Not his brother, but they are cousins.

I watched a few minutes of "The Tomorrow People" on CW, where a high-school boy with zero acne and superhot pecs gets recruited into a gang of superhot, superpowerful people who don't have acne either.

Pretty silly stuff, but shirtless dudes who shave their chest deserve at least a look-in.

Anybody else see it?

Well, they keep having guys in their mid-20s play high school students (Robbie Amell is 25), so that's why they don't have acne. They're always having men (and women) in their 20s playing high school students. In the case of Harry Shum in Glee, who plays high school student Mike Chang, he's 31 (and a half). I remember in The OC, some of the parents were played by actors who were about 10 years older than the actors who played their "children." I guess sexy people in their 20s sells better than sexy teen-agers. And maybe we all like to remember fondly of our raging hormones when we were in high school...

Well, they keep having guys in their mid-20s play high school students (Robbie Amell is 25), so that's why they don't have acne. They're always having men (and women) in their 20s playing high school students. In the case of Harry Shum in Glee, who plays high school student Mike Chang, he's 31 (and a half). I remember in The OC, some of the parents were played by actors who were about 10 years older than the actors who played their "children." I guess sexy people in their 20s sells better than sexy teen-agers. And maybe we all like to remember fondly of our raging hormones when we were in high school...

This is one of my biggest pet peeves in TV and movies...actors who are clearly much older playing HS kids. But the channels like ABC Family with all of their HS shows seem to use younger actors. And the shows on TeenNick for example do as well. So it's not like there aren't younger actors out there. But maybe child labor laws are too tough for the big studios to deal with or something.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves in TV and movies...actors who are clearly much older playing HS kids. But the channels like ABC Family with all of their HS shows seem to use younger actors. And the shows on TeenNick for example do as well. So it's not like there aren't younger actors out there. But maybe child labor laws are too tough for the big studios to deal with or something.

Hmmm. There are a lot of shows which use child actors. I think it's simply that 25 year-olds like Robbie Amell, 26 year-olds like Darren Criss, and 24 year-olds like Chord Overstreet are sexier than almost any high school student you can find. The OC actor Benjamin McKenzie is 35 now! Most of us don't watch The Tomorrow People for the brilliant writing or academy-award-worthy acting. We watch it for the hot eye candy. Even if they could find a teen-ager hot enough, most of us would be weirded out at drooling over jail-bait. TV producers know what they're doing. Getting actors who believably look like high school students is not the goal.

Archived