iphone and icloud

bigvalboy
This topic is 3861 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For those in the know. I had an iphone stolen yesterday, (no insurance) all the information was backed up on icloud. Do I have to buy another iphone to retrieve that information off icloud or can I buy an android and still retrieve my information from icloud? I know several people who prefer the android over the iphone, and I was considering making the change. Thanks...

Thanks westernsyd. It worked amazingly well. It even located the stolen phone. It is somewhere in Miami Gardens(not a good area) lol ...So your information was perfect, thanks.

BVB:

You shoudl also be able "lock up" your stolen iphone remotely, if you haven't

done so already. The thread below should help. You can really find

any "tech answer" just by googling the question, easy-peasy!

BC

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2700

BVB:

You shoudl also be able "lock up" your stolen iphone remotely, if you haven't

done so already. The thread below should help. You can really find

any "tech answer" just by googling the question, easy-peasy!

BC

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2700

Thanks BC, I was able to go on line and with the advice from Westernsyd and yourself, I not only found all my stored info, but could track the stolen phone, and then was able to shut it down, before I even called sprint...."Easy-peasy"

Thanks westernsyd. It worked amazingly well. It even located the stolen phone. It is somewhere in Miami Gardens(not a good area) lol ...So your information was perfect, thanks.

So your phone ends up in Miami Gardens, how would that have happened? Was it misplaced or actually stolen from you?

...By the way Miami Gardens is not thatbad of an area. The stadium is there. Just go to DC. You think things are nice from the penthouse floor, but you go 2 blocks around the corner and you think you're in the hood. But you can't tell someone living on L street that they're in a bad neighborhood. Not like Miami where things are separated by water and interstates.

So your phone ends up in Miami Gardens, how would that have happened? Was it misplaced or actually stolen from you?

...By the way Miami Gardens is not thatbad of an area. The stadium is there. Just go to DC. You think things are nice from the penthouse floor, but you go 2 blocks around the corner and you think you're in the hood. But you can't tell someone living on L street that they're in a bad neighborhood. Not like Miami where things are separated by water and interstates.

It was actually stolen from me. AND yes I do agree with you about Miami Gardens, is not as bad as parts of DC, but it clearly has areas that are questionable to say the least.

It was actually stolen from me. AND yes I do agree with you about Miami Gardens, is not as bad as parts of DC, but it clearly has areas that are questionable to say the least.

Dang...that sucks. By any chance was this by a provider or hookup? If I'm being nosy, pardon me.

As far as Miami being 'not as bad' as parts of DC, that's one of the reasons I just couldn't see myself moving to DC. I've seen enough in Miami, I don't want to see anymore or anything resembling it. Unless it's Brisbane...

So.........how are things in Stockholm? Montreal?

By any chance was this by a provider or hookup? If I'm being nosy, pardon me.

So.........how are things in Stockholm? Montreal?

No not being nosy. It was a hook-up, hey it happens sometimes. And Stockholm? Haven't been. And Montreal, it's been a few years. Montreal I love, but the winters are brutal. I hate the cold.

I visited Stockholm for over a month in summer of 2011; the city is made up of islands. The old town is nice, but touristy (the palace and Nobel Prize buildings).

There are islands that were once slums that have come back, like most big cities. People are very friendly. It's beautiful in the summer, not so sure about living in mostly darkness in the winter months. It's one of the nicest cities I have ever visited, and loved being in a city on the Baltic Sea. It is expensive though. I had intended to only stay for two weeks, but loved it so much I was there much longer.

Thanks BC, I was able to go on line and with the advice from Westernsyd and yourself, I not only found all my stored info, but could track the stolen phone, and then was able to shut it down, before I even called sprint...."Easy-peasy"

BVB,

Excellent! You were always a logical gentleman.

Someday..ha!...there may be an "app" for remote explosion

of stolen iPhones. Not to kill or main the thief, but perhaps spritz

him/her with that dye used for stolen bank money.

BC

I visited Stockholm for over a month in summer of 2011; the city is made up of islands. The old town is nice, but touristy (the palace and Nobel Prize buildings).

There are islands that were once slums that have come back, like most big cities. People are very friendly. It's beautiful in the summer, not so sure about living in mostly darkness in the winter months. It's one of the nicest cities I have ever visited, and loved being in a city on the Baltic Sea. It is expensive though. I had intended to only stay for two weeks, but loved it so much I was there much longer.

Are they accepting American refugees?

Are they accepting American refugees?

Forgot to mention that the gay scene seems to be confined pretty much to the old town. But, every weekend, people from other European countries fly to Stockholm in the summer, so it was easy to meet guys. Also, one early evening when I was walking in a small city park, four Swedes in their late 20s were drinking beer, and they invited me to join them. No sex, but there might have if I could have stayed longer. Best of all, Swedes really like Americans.

Archived