FlamingSsaddles - NYC Hell's Kitchen Bar - NYTimes

edjames
This topic is 3828 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

the recent closings of many NYC bars leaves us without a lot of choices.

Sunday's NYTimes profiles one of the most popular bars in NYC's Hell's Kitchen, Flaming Saddles, and the straight couple who own it.

Not a strip club by any means but a fun venue where the hunky bartenders get up on the bar and dance.

We're often asked on Daddy's for advice on where to go when visiting NYC, so I'd put this on your places to visit if you're in town.

Good article...

ED

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/nyregion/a-gay-bar-thats-part-coyote-ugly-part-reality-tv-fodder.html?ref=nyregion&_r=0

Atlas Social Club http://www.atlassocialclub.com and Hardware http://www.hardware-bar.com are worth a visit and they are all close by so bar crawling is made easy.

Both of the above bars have $3 Happy Hour Drinks (not on top shelf)... Also in this Hell's Kitchen area is Boxers II. Younger crowd and loud music. Has a nice roof top bar... Went to Flaming Saddles during happy hour. I expected more. Once an hour, the 2 bartenders (fully clothed) got up on the bar and did a Country West type line dance, then, returned to their bartending... Of the 4 bars mentioned, I enjoyed the atmosphere of Hardwear the most.

Geoffk, Thanks for the info on Fairytail Lounge. I'll give it a shot!

Went to Flaming Saddles during happy hour. I expected more. Once an hour, the 2 bartenders (fully clothed) got up on the bar and did a Country West type line dance, then, returned to their bartending...

I went to Flaming Saddles after dinner , probably around 9pm, the bartenders seemed to dance on the bar every other song. I thought it was alot of fun, but then I'm happy seeing decent guys shaking their asses and stomping their boots to country music. But I probably could be even happier if there were a good place to see some dancers and get a private dance or two too.

I went to Flaming Saddles after dinner , probably around 9pm, the bartenders seemed to dance on the bar every other song. I thought it was alot of fun, but then I'm happy seeing decent guys shaking their asses and stomping their boots to country music. But I probably could be even happier if there were a good place to see some dancers and get a private dance or two too.

Geoffk, Thanks for that information... I was there between 5-6pm and only saw the 2 bartenders dance once... I'll try again...

Tuesday night in NYC

Tuesday night in Hell's Kitchen: Fairy Tales was dead, nothing going on in this small bar and only 3 customers at 11pm... Hardware had a drag queen show, didn't interest me. Good crowd... Atlas Social Club had a good crowd, shirtless bartenders, but no shows. Saw a couple of Splash bartenders working there...

Tuesday night in Hell's Kitchen: Fairy Tales was dead, nothing going on in this small bar and only 3 customers at 11pm... Hardware had a drag queen show, didn't interest me. Good crowd... Atlas Social Club had a good crowd, shirtless bartenders, but no shows. Saw a couple of Splash bartenders working there...

Cooper,

thanks for the report from Gotham on a Tuesday night...is it just more or does it sound like you were visiting Des Moines ?? What has happened to night life in the Manhattan...in particular...night life featuring go-go boys ? Yes, times may change...but my predilection hasn't.

There are lots of new bars in Hell's Kitchen but none of them have much that interests me so far. Loud music and mostly disinterested bartenders. I miss Splash at Happy Hour. Going out in NYC doesn't seem much fun anymore.

Archived