Cool apps.

Chris Eisenhower
This topic is 3844 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well tied in to the other thread, I have to have MyFitnessPal so I can track my calories and exericse. Not cool necessarily, but I can't imagine not having it. I wouldn't have lost all the weight I have, or gotten in the shape I have without MFP. I use Gymboss as a timer, especially for Tabata type training (which is already pre-defined). Endomondo helps calculate your exercise calories as you walk, run, bike or whatever. Then your typical, dull, but useful apps like GasBuddy to save some bucks (hey, the Costco near me was $2.87 on Friday).

Alot of these social networking/dating apps are more time kills than anything...but I usually allow myself 1 free-fuck on every trip, provided that I'm not too busy or not busy enough.

http://cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/2013/02/Scruff.PNG

As far as music goes, I love Pandora and Soundcloud.

I also have personal twitter and tumblr accounts to keep me entertained at any given point.

If you find yourself needing inner-city travel while visiting larger places, check out Uber. It's like a new taxi service in most metroploitan areas now (Raleigh does not yet have it, Charlotte just recently caught on). You log on, it saves your card information, you click a button and it sends a gps alert with your exact location to one of their drivers and 10-15 minutes later you're being picked up in a black Lincoln Towncar or a Suburban. You get in, go where you need to go, and get out. The fare and tip are automatically drafted from your card that's saved on the app.

Every self respecting gay guy needs this app ;)

http://www.pantone.co.uk/pages/products/product.aspx?pid=980&ca=86

Not for $23 I don't.

Adobe has something similar out that will allow you to develop color palates from pics and camera of your surroundings. I don't know the price of it, but it was demoed at PSWorld in Vegas.

Well let's assume for the sake of brevity that 1) I have an iPhone and 2) I like my iPhone and want apps for that.

So what cool apps are out there?

I really like RunKeeper (works for walking and biking, too) and Evernote

Archived