A Tutorial Needed on Instagram

Lucky
This topic is 819 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Never once did I take a course in how to use a computer. I cannot write a line of programming. I just use my computer to find information, share email, draft documents, store pictures, and socialize both here and on Facebook. I have no music files to speak of. And, I have no idea what Instagram is. Could someone help me on that latter department? What is it, what is it for, and how do you use it? What difference does it make in your life, assuming it makes one? Thanks.

It's a startup that's flailing wildly right now under the weight of public opinion.

Just kidding.

It's just a photo blogging site. It's popular, all the more so since Facebook bought it. If you don't need to share photos beyond your FB wall, don't sweat it.

• 7 years later...

Well, I now know what Instagram is. It's the site that keeps blocking other sites from posting its pictures! I tried to sign up, but every name I chose was already taken. Any ideas?

(I don't need to share photos, but I want to view those sexy shots that others post!!)

• 1 year later...
On 8/15/2020 at 8:14 AM, Lucky said:

Well, I now know what Instagram is. It's the site that keeps blocking other sites from posting its pictures! I tried to sign up, but every name I chose was already taken. Any ideas?

(I don't need to share photos, but I want to view those sexy shots that others post!!)

The effect on your life is that it will become an incredible time sponge unless you're a very disciplined person.  When I first started to learn IG, it soon began to take up hours of my time - all those sexy guys, and the opportunity to actually chat with them.  Fortunately, the novelty has worn off and I just take a look a couple times a day for a few minutes. Phew!!!! Am I glad of that.

On 8/15/2020 at 10:14 AM, Lucky said:

It is addictive.  Before I knew it, I’m following over 300.  I also have 34 followers, and have never posted.

Like @Rudynate, I was spending tons of time.  Three times a day, for about a hour a time.  Now, not so much.  

One thing that does annoy me is one person will post something, then several of their followers will post the same photo.   

All in all, a nice diversion in the day.  Eye candy, and other interesting posts, and able to see other links like twitter, etc.