Hotties on HGTV/Home & Garden TV

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I haven't felt so emotionally violated since Lucy and Desi split. How can I go on believing in HGTV (my substitute for organized religion)?

did have to google them.....never heard of the duo.

Tarek always gave me the willies.

Me too, and I don't know why.

Me three.

Well, I guess this makes it official- Tarek & Christina ain't getting back together :(:confused::eek::oops:o_O:(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O

Christina Anstead (formerly El Moussa) is expecting her first child with new husband Ant Anstead.

This week's CHRISTINA ON THE COAST ended with her and Ant hosting a surprise wedding at their new home. I'll be curious to see what Tarek has planned to win her back when FLIP OR FLOP returns Aug 1st.

Any of you have any experience with home flippers?

Does watching FLIP OR FLOP regularly count?

BTW, I no longer believe in true love or happily ever after now that Christina is divorcing Ant.

‘Flip or Flop’ renewed for 10th season at HGTV with exes Christina Anstead, Tarek El Moussa

I find them a little more interesting now that they've moved past the initial hostility of their breakup. She's appeared more often with little make-up and not-perfect hair in this past year as the stresses of her marital situation with Ant may have been weighing on her.

8216Flip_or_Flop8217_Stars_Tarek-0b3c9ae6101339b0b633c144d891b7dd

No love for Eddie Richardson on the Toronto version of Love It or List It?

I wasn't thrilled with him, but I am rather charmed by Chris, one of the new contractors on the U.S. version. He's tall, boyishly handsome, has an appealing soft southern drawl, and has size 14 feet. But I can never seem to find any info about him, or any pics.

BTW, former contractor Eric had a scary battle with covid:

Eric Eremita, the popular contractor from HGTV’s Love It Or List It and Brother vs Brother, is recovering from the coronavirus and detailing for the first time what he went through in his battle against the disease.

Eremita, age 51, was in a New York hospital for three weeks, two of them on a ventilator. He tells People magazine that he had no underlying conditions, but began to develop a high fever, then spiraled down into dizziness and lost focus.

“For me, I’m a guy who does things with precision,” Eremita said. “I’m a contractor, so for me, an eighth of an inch makes a difference. When I couldn’t zero in on things, I knew something was wrong.”

Eremita and his wife, who also developed symptoms, self-quarantined on separate floors of their home, with their three children staying in the basement. His efforts to get an immediate test for the coronavirus were unavailing.

“They didn’t get back to us, and I started getting worse and worse,” he said. When he started turning blue, his wife called an ambulance.

“I got to the hospital and, believe it or not, it’s kind of a blur from that moment until I woke up off the ventilator,” Eremita said. After two weeks, they removed the ventilator and moved him to ICU. There, he could Facetime with family and coworkers, and gradually regained some strength.

“They’re calling me their miracle,” Eremita says. “No one else in the hospital that I was in that was on a ventilator walked out alive. I’ll be honest with you, it made me very, very humbled, and reminded me to appreciate life.”

While Eremeita is alive, he is not out of the woods. He’s undergoing therapy to learn to walk again. He is also taking antibiotics to help with pneumonia that he caught after the virus.

“Every day is getting better,” he says. “They told me I wouldn’t walk without a walker, but now I walk just fine. I got a bit beat up, but I’m the comeback kid.”

Edited by samhexum

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess this makes it official... Tarek & Christina ain't getting back together :(:confused::eek::oops:o_O:(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O:(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O

Christina Anstead (formerly El Moussa) is expecting her first child with new husband Ant Anstead.

Nice dad bod.

4F32CE0A00000578-6074661-image-a-20_1534637919235.jpg

Christina Anstead changes her name on Instagram amid split from husband Ant

Hello, Christina Haack! Christina Anstead has changed her name on Instagram amid her divorce from Ant Anstead.

The HGTV star, who split from husband Ant last September, reverted to her maiden name, Haack, in her Instagram bio. However, her handle is still@christinaanstead.

Before her marriage to Anstead in December 2018, Christina was known as Christina El Moussa, the last name she shared with her previous husband, Tarek El Moussa. Christina and Tarek share two kids together, 5-year-old son Brayden and 10-year-old daughter Taylor, while she's also mom to 1-year-old son Hudson with Ant.

While Christina seems to be moving on from her split from Ant, the Wheeler Dealers host has been open about his struggle to heal from the breakup.

In a December interview with People, Ant said it wasn't his decision to end their marriage.

"It really hit me hard," he said of the split. "If you ask anybody that knows me properly, they know that I give myself fully. I had so much love for her."

Despite that, Ant said he's on the road to healing, especially following his participation in a five-week program that taught him how to "grieve your relationship so you can let it go" and "regain your identity." He lost more than 20 pounds as a result of the program. BASTARD!

"The thing about healing is sometimes you feel like you’re making daily progress, and then, from nowhere, your legs get taken out, and you feel like you start again," he said. "But I'm certainly making steps towards healing, even if it's really slow."

Christina Anstead changes her name on Instagram amid split from husband Ant

Hello, Christina Haack! Christina Anstead has changed her name on Instagram amid her divorce from Ant Anstead.

The HGTV star, who split from husband Ant last September, reverted to her maiden name, Haack, in her Instagram bio. However, her handle is still@christinaanstead.

Before her marriage to Anstead in December 2018, Christina was known as Christina El Moussa, the last name she shared with her previous husband, Tarek El Moussa. Christina and Tarek share two kids together, 5-year-old son Brayden and 10-year-old daughter Taylor, while she's also mom to 1-year-old son Hudson with Ant.

While Christina seems to be moving on from her split from Ant, the Wheeler Dealers host has been open about his struggle to heal from the breakup.

In a December interview with People, Ant said it wasn't his decision to end their marriage.

"It really hit me hard," he said of the split. "If you ask anybody that knows me properly, they know that I give myself fully. I had so much love for her."

Despite that, Ant said he's on the road to healing, especially following his participation in a five-week program that taught him how to "grieve your relationship so you can let it go" and "regain your identity." He lost more than 20 pounds as a result of the program. BASTARD!

"The thing about healing is sometimes you feel like you’re making daily progress, and then, from nowhere, your legs get taken out, and you feel like you start again," he said. "But I'm certainly making steps towards healing, even if it's really slow."

Dad bod ! ?

• 2 months later...

Christina lists house with estranged husband Ant Anstead for $6M

Christina-Anstead-home-split.jpg

The California home that HGTV star Christina Haack once shared with her now-estranged husband, Ant Anstead, has hit the market for $6 million.

They first purchased the Newport Beach home in June 2018 for $4.1 million.

Following two years of marriage, the two announced their separation in September.

Haack, 37, remained in the home, while Anstead moved out. Six months after they split, Anstead, 42,told People that he was having difficulty finding another place in the area to stay close to their one-year-old son, Hudson London.

“I feel like I need a home. It’s been over six months now,” he told the magazine, adding that while he has so many exciting ventures going on in his professional life, he’s struggled to find that special place where he and Hudson can settle in. “I still feel… I feel displaced,” he continued, “so I feel like if I can find a home, I can really start to rebuild from there.”

The coastal southern California property is also the same residence where the former couple hosted their secret wedding in 2018.

Spanning 4,804 square feet, the five-bedroom, five-bathroom abode has been marketed as a “once in a lifetime opportunity to own a fully realized and furnished vision by an HGTV celebrity.”

Anstead filed for divorce on November 3.

Since calling it quits, Haack has purchased a yacht named Aftermath while Ant has entered a “breakup recovery” program and lost more than 20 pounds.

Christina-Anstead-home-004.jpg

Christina-Anstead-home-005.jpg

Christina-Anstead-home-019.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 9:46 AM, MiamiLooker said:

Marc Bartolomeo: Host of DIY's Kitchen Impossible and HGTV's Great Rooms

On 4/6/2021 at 10:19 AM, jjkrkwood said:

WHY should I DIY when I can have HIM cum and do it ? ;)

On 4/6/2021 at 11:36 AM, cany10011 said:

I'd be finding as many "projects" around the house for him to do...

I read something earlier this year that I'd forgotten until I watched the season premiere of LOVE IT OR LIST IT.  The real estate industry is going to stop using the terms master bedroom, master bath, master suite because they conjure up images of slavery, I guess.  Every time Hillary, David, or the homeowners mentioned the 'main suite' I wondered how many takes it took to not say the word master.

4 hours ago, samhexum said:

I read something earlier this year that I'd forgotten until I watched the season premiere of LOVE IT OR LIST IT.  The real estate industry is going to stop using the terms master bedroom, master bath, master suite because they conjure up images of slavery, I guess.  Every time Hillary, David, or the homeowners mentioned the 'main suite' I wondered how many takes it took to not say the word master.

Correct. I think the word now is “Principal” bedroom  when referring to where the primary resident/homeowner lays his head. 

• 4 months later...
On 10/15/2021 at 4:03 AM, samhexum said:

I haven't been aware of this change, but I'm thinking it may have more to do with gender neutrality.

The term "man cave" has also come under fire.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...