Hotties on HGTV/Home & Garden TV

I have become addicted to HGTV. First saw it at the gym while on the elliptical. There are some serious hotties on that show -- both regulars and guests. This morning there was some guy who was having his house remodeled with the greatest non-gym body ever. WOOF. Just thought I would post this up and see if others share my opinion.

I watch HGTV a lot, and not just for the meat (although there's plenty of that).

I'd been watching shows like "Property Virgins" for a couple of years when I bought my first home, and thanks to those shows I was a better informed buyer. I could look past flaws and staging fuckups to see the potential in the house. As a first-time homeowner, I've learned a lot from the design/remodel/repair shows.

One of the things I admire about HGTV is they don't shy away from gay or lesbian couples as "clients" on any of their shows. In fact, it almost looks like they recruit them at times.

It also helps that in our CATV channel lineup the next station up is FOOD. Between those two I can generally find something to watch. :cool:

I have grown addicted to HGTV--I have always been interested in residential real estate, and it's fascinating to see what people want and don't want. The formats of shows like "Househunters" and "Property Virgins" are a little too rigid and predictable, but I still enjoy them, and, like deej, I'm impressed with their willingness to work with all sorts of shoppers, including gay couples and singles. Many of their regular hosts are also obviously gay, and some seem chosen more for their looks than their talents; why do my contractors never look like that?

Well....

David Bromstad, "Color Splash" (openly gay, hot body, often works shirtless) (note that his "personal assistant" is adorable)

John Gidding, "Curb Appeal: The Block" and "Designed to Sell" (openly gay, not so ripped but handsome)

"Income Property", Scott McGillivray isn't gay, but he's a gorgeous French-Canadian

"Holmes on Homes", Mike Holmes - hot muscular daddy, and he's got some cuties on his crew, including his twinky son

Pretty much any of the design or remodel shows have hunky contractors. In fact, Greg Plitt (the fitness model) was one of the contractors on "Designed to Sell" for a while, and you'll sometimes catch one of those reruns.

I'm with Charlie: why can't my contractors look like them instead of Buttcrack Bob, the fat plumber?

My lawn man is certifiably "Buttcrack Joe". Great guy but about 6'2", 300 lbs, fat with long greasy hair and a huge butt crack. Great guy and hasn't raised my rate in 15 years. His father died in the woods with him while deer hunting and Joe carried him - dead - two miles to the truck.

Now the water softener man!!! I remarked once very casually about how well built he is and the next thing we were in bed together. I have a lot of problems with my water softener system requiring service calls on a regular basis "off hours".

But I do agree with deej-most repair people are really forgetful.

Guest Ryaan_Morgan

I could watch David Bromstad all day long...and not even know what colors he is putting on the walls!

http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ec10e7fe7/images/David_Bromstad-1.jpg

Scott McG.

http://www.hgtv.ca/global/ContentDirectories/Hgtv/Microsites/IncomeProperty03/about_page_scott.jpg

And no one has mentioned Carter Oosterhouse

http://electric949.com/blogs/media/blogs/jingerizzy//carter_oosterhouse.jpg http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/carter_11_wenn2119322.jpg

And then I remember this guy Andrew Dan Jumbo

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GoBkn6dGzGQ/SHeZpgNFivI/AAAAAAAABKY/iFX_oaLS5ro/s320/andrew_dan_jumbo_99.jpg

Have been drooling over David since he was a beginner and competing on HGTV on some designer reality show...

DesignStar. He was the first winner.

Incidentally, ColorSplash broadcast it's 100th episode last night. That's quite a milestone on a network where shows often disappear after a single season.

Well, I didn't mention him because he doesn't currently have a show on the air -- just reruns. He shows up sometimes in their "Home Giveaway" specials, but otherwise he's gone largely invisible.

As of today I am a new fan of HGTV - I can't believe that I never stopped to watch it before. Thanks to you and your posts, I am a new fan! I was so absorbed with all the photos you posted, that when greatness posted "I like his shoes" I had to scroll back to see the shoes .... CAUSE I HADN'T NOTICED THEM lol

• 6 years later...
Well...John Gidding, Scott McGillivray...Greg Plitt (the fitness model) was one of the contractors on "Designed to Sell" for a while...

I read somewhere once that Gidding's father was a Turkish basketball player.

McGillivray is attractive, but he almost seems too aware of it, especially his hair.

Plitt, of course, died under idiotic circumstances.

Currently, Andy Williams of FLIP OR FLOP FORT WORTH is hot. (he's the one with the shorter hair)

Flip-Flop-Forth-Worth.jpg

flip-or-flop-andy-ashley-willams.jpg?auto=compress&crop=faces,top&fit=crop&h=421&q=55&w=750

22366528_1160472587416396_5962407793986787902_n.jpg

http://78.media.tumblr.com/19922ca67b24a3487f7cd689711b3ae2/tumblr_oxji7a388j1smk873o3_1280.jpg

Blackwater-1200x1432.jpg?width=960

81262bcda1cf6b37f4966badfb55c18aw-c0xd-w685_h860_q80.jpg

Okay, I'll mention him...

A former HGTV staffer claims that giving into host Carter Oosterhouse’s demands for oral sex ruined her career.

Speaking to the Hollywood Reporter, Kailey Kaminsky, who worked as a makeup artist on Oosterhouse’s show “Carter Can” in 2008, accused him of coercing her into performing oral sex while they were in production.

“He’s like, ‘You know what would be a good idea? If you went down on me,’” she said. “I said, in my sarcastic way, ‘Well, that’s not sexual harassment at all.'”

Still, the conversation progressed from Oosterhouse badgering her to allegedly threatening her career if she did did not comply, Kaminsky said. She says she had 10 to 15 encounters with Oosterhouse, some taking place in a vehicle and others inside his dressing room in between shoots.

“When he would assault me, he insisted on finishing on my face — every time — knowing that I had to go back out and work,” she claimed to THR.

Kaminsky said she was 32 at the time and Oosterhouse was 34 years old.

Oosterhouse called his time with Kaminsky an “intimate relationship,” and insists that all of their hookups were mutual.

“I had an intimate relationship with Kailey 9 years ago and it was 100% mutual and consensual,” he said in a statement to THR. “In no way did I ever feel, nor was it ever indicated to me, that Kailey was uncomfortable during our intimate relationship…The reality is that I knew it was consensual because she initiated it the first time and many of the 15 or so times we had relations thereafter.”

Kaminsky said she confided in two female colleagues at the time. One woman told THR the relationship between the two was framed to her as consensual. “It didn’t raise any flags, so I don’t think we suggested an intervention,” the producer said. “It didn’t seem like it was abusive.”

Kaminsky — who identifies as a lesbian — claims that the occasions, which she says her parents refer to as “Kailey’s nightmare,” gave her severe anxiety, which led her to be hospitalized with a stomach ulcer and later without a career.

“I was basically nonfunctioning, unable to hold a job,” she says. “I had no self-esteem. I just spiraled further and further down.”

Seeing his face on magazine covers announcing the his 2011 marriage to actress Amy Smart years later prompted dark memories of her time with him to flash back. Today, she says that the stories of other women coming forward with their own accounts of sexual harassment and assault have given her PTSD.

“I’m not looking to be litigious or for money,” she said. “I just want to set the record straight about what happened to me.”