Washington, D.C. - Secrets

Karl-G

Several years ago, Washington, D.C. had four male stripper clubs where dancers performed totally nude every night. They were delightful. But then all four were torn down, along with hundreds of other buildings on the S.E. side of Washington, to make way for the new stadium. So WET, FOLLIES, and LA CAGE are gone. Most unfortunately.

SECRETS / ZIEGFIELD'S

Stripper bar and drag show venue on South Side of Washington, D.C., just off Capitol St. S.

1824 Half Street SW

202-863-0670

http://www.secretsdc.com

Open Wed-Sun from 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. (Not open Mon and Tues)

No cover Wed and Thurs; $5 cover on Fri and Sat from 9:00-10:30; $10 after

Club is located in an industrial park area south of Capitol, one block from large police station.

Some parking in front of building, but taking a cab is easier.

Ground floor is Ziegfield's Nightclub for drag shows and used only Fri and Sat.

Stripper area is on second floor, up another flight of stairs.

Huge open rectangular room. Two bars along East wall. Shower room with glass wall for watching.

4-8 dancers at a time perform totally nude on platforms scattered around the room; they dance in 20 minute sets and then rotate.

Total of 16-24 dancers; varied types; few twinks; some average builds; some buff; and some muscular.

You can get as close as you want to each dancer and watch, but no touching above knees or below waist; policy enforced by dancers and management.

So it is mostly visual, but you tuck $1 tips into their socks, if desired.

No lap dance area and no dark corners.

Large dance floor for customers and people usually dancing; usually women present.

Not much seating.

Door man is always helpful; there are usually taxis waiting when you leave, but if not, doorman will call and get one for you quickly. Cabs in D.C. are not expensive, charge by zones not miles.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.secretsdc.com

No cover Wed and Thurs; $5 cover on Fri and Sat from 9:00-10:30; $10 after

Not much seating.

There is now a $5 cover on Wed and Thurs, unless you check their website for the secret password. If you say it, then there is no cover charge. There was a moderate size crowd on the Thursday night that I attended. There were seven dancers to each of the two rotations: two whites; three Latinos; and two blacks. Most were very well-endowed; much larger than I remembered from the old Secrets.

There was plenty of seating from sofas, bar tables/stools, etc. There were no women that evening; of course, it was 'bare chest" night.

• 1 month later...

I was in DC for an extended weekend between business tips and was able to finally see the new Secrets. I lived in DC when the bars were torn down for the stadium. I was at Zieg's for Ella's final performance of the era!

The new Secrets is gorgeous! I love all the possibilities and that the dance floor is now in the midst of all the strippers (instead of on the Zieg side of the bar) since I like to dance and look at the strippers! The nights I went there were two just incredible muscle boys dancing. One seemed to be a "seasoned" professional - Max. On the shorter side but nicely muscled and liked to tease with it. The other guy was this gorgeous Adonis - 6'1", 210ish, blond, beautiful shape. He said he was a swimmer in his "native country" (Eastern European) and he had the lats to prove it. I was in awe but all-in-all just one of the finest specimens I've ever seen dancing. And did I mention that his endowment was disproportionately large?

Anyway, I had a great time at Secrets. I can't wait to spend some time there over the holidays. Unfortunately I went from DC to NYC - where I had a fantastic time with a few other dancers. The NYC experience pales in comparison. But Secrets is an incredible jewel in our Nation's capital!

I was in DC for an extended weekend between business tips and was able to finally see the new Secrets. I lived in DC when the bars were torn down for the stadium. I was at Zieg's for Ella's final performance of the era!

The new Secrets is gorgeous! I love all the possibilities and that the dance floor is now in the midst of all the strippers (instead of on the Zieg side of the bar) since I like to dance and look at the strippers! The nights I went there were two just incredible muscle boys dancing. One seemed to be a "seasoned" professional - Max. On the shorter side but nicely muscled and liked to tease with it. The other guy was this gorgeous Adonis - 6'1", 210ish, blond, beautiful shape. He said he was a swimmer in his "native country" (Eastern European) and he had the lats to prove it. I was in awe but all-in-all just one of the finest specimens I've ever seen dancing. And did I mention that his endowment was disproportionately large?

Anyway, I had a great time at Secrets. I can't wait to spend some time there over the holidays. Unfortunately I went from DC to NYC - where I had a fantastic time with a few other dancers. The NYC experience pales in comparison. But Secrets is an incredible jewel in our Nation's capital!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest countryboywny

I was in DC last weekend, went to Secrets every night ;)

I was treated very nicely by the staff.. all were friendly and helpful. I fell in love with Carlos, a bartender. He's very nice, took great care of me, great looking and very friendly... wish he was dancing! I sat at the bar most of the time, dancers were hot for the most part. I was tipping very well, so got a great show. Off the bar, the dancers were not interactive with me, and didn't come up over for any small talk. There was one black dancer, didn't get his name, but he was interactive. He had a body to die for.. very nice, wish I could have taken him home.

Summing up, my most used word "nice" pretty much says it all. It was a good time but not out of line crazy. I'd go back, but the next time I'll make more of an effort to meet a friend! :)

• 1 year later...

I was there this past week... it is NO Swinging Richards. Basically you get to "look" at naked guys dancing. there are no lap dances or touching above the knee or below the chest... the guys don't really interact with the customers in between sets. they run 20 minute sets and then the guys go into the back or outside to smoke. If you want to go out to smoke you can chat with them. I like Swinging Richards... this place is not that much fun but you can see some cute guys. The dancers don't make money on tips alone so they really are not dependent on the tips. The bar pays them to dance.

• 1 year later...
I was there this past week... it is NO Swinging Richards. Basically you get to "look" at naked guys dancing. there are no lap dances or touching above the knee or below the chest... the guys don't really interact with the customers in between sets. they run 20 minute sets and then the guys go into the back or outside to smoke. If you want to go out to smoke you can chat with them. I like Swinging Richards... this place is not that much fun but you can see some cute guys. The dancers don't make money on tips alone so they really are not dependent on the tips. The bar pays them to dance.

Any updates on Secrets? any particular dancers to look for there?

• 7 months later...

Just in DC a few weeks ago- had a blast at Secrets. I was in town Wed. and Thurs. night, went both nights, a nice variety of types and sizes. My faves were Shane- dick for days, super friendly to this out-of-towner, and Victor, a dark furry muscleman. Sure, it's not as interactive as Bliss or Swinging Richard's in Atlanta, but sometimes that's not all bad. If you put out a friendly vibe, you'd be surprised what you can end up with- I was not disappointed with the total of this experience!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was at Secrets yesterday for the first time, after hearing conflicting opinions about the place. I have to say, it is a little boring if you come in it thinking it's like regular strip clubs where you can go to a room to get a lap dance from a guy you like. Here, you can't touch below the chest and above the knees. The most you can get in terms of an interaction is to come up to them, chat with them a bit while they dance, and slip them a few ones (only on their socks!).

As a club, though, it's fun--I actually forget that a naked dude is just a few feet away from me when everyone's having a great time dancing.

My recommendation is to go to Secrets when you know there's something going on, like Voltage or something like that. If you go here during a "regular" night, there's not much entertainment to be had, beyond looking at a hot, naked guy who may or may not have an erection.

• 5 months later...

I went to secrets and did not enjoy myself while I was there, guys were way to touchy feely for me to get drunk let loose and go home with a stranger, I left kinda pissed off and ended my night at Club .... uhhh ermmmm it -- the name I'm at a loss, but locals of DC will know where I'm talking about, there is a pizza place next door that the locals' called "Gay Pizza" it was delicious.

I went to secrets and did not enjoy myself while I was there, guys were way to touchy feely for me to get drunk let loose and go home with a stranger, I left kinda pissed off and ended my night at Club .... uhhh ermmmm it -- the name I'm at a loss, but locals of DC will know where I'm talking about, there is a pizza place next door that the locals' called "Gay Pizza" it was delicious.

ha!....had to google that one.....one reviewer says "gay-friendly is an understatement".....

https://foursquare.com/v/pizza-kouzina--angelinas-pizza/4fdebee0be77dde69e992f52

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...