Early Homomedia experience

friendofsheila

Similar Experience

Thanks for sharing that video... reminds me of one of my first experiences at a ballet... it was in NYC many years ago, a very avant garde production that featured guys that basically wore nothing but thongs which left nothing to the imagination. I was starstruck, spellbound and immediately had a boner that would just not go down. These guys were incredible dancers, gymnasts and beautiful bodies beyond belief in all shapes, sizes and colors... caucasians, blacks, asians and mixes. I can still picture that ballet, but have long forgotten the company. It is the reason that I started going to the ballet and have never gotten over an appreciation for how physically demanding it is and how wonderful some of the male dancers look. I also have now developed an appreciate for contemporary dance companies as well and now not just to look at the guys, although that is fun too, but to truly appreciate what dance is all about.

I don't know if I have the name correct, but there was an act on the Ed Sullivan show, Damien and Pythias, who were to very muscular gymnasts. The larger more muscular of the two would lift the smaller one who would assume all types of off positions requiring strength and balance. Similiar to today's Circ du Soleil. They wore skin tight leotards and had magnificent oiled bodies. At age 12, I found them irresistable. I guess I should have known I was gay then, but I think lots of 12 year olds were fascinated by muscular men. (or maybe it was me and I just assumed everyone else was similiarly enthralled)

Thanks for posting this. It's better quality video than we normally get from the era.

Subject matter aside, the nerd in me always wakes up when I see this kind of footage and realize the singer is dragging around a wire attached to that microphone. It's kinda like seeing an old movie and watching someone drag around a phone attached to a wire.

I lived that era. I sat through a number of concerts where the singer wrangled a wire the whole time and I didn't think anything of it at the time. Today it just seems so ... so ... retro. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

I remember seeing this Diana Ross concert on TV and feeling a shock of homo-voltage go through me when these male dancers came on the screen facing the camera and their booties were just oh-so-clear through their very-70's space-age jumpsuits.

See 2:42 to relive it!

Yeah, that was when that big old mountain of craziness still had a voice.

• 9 years later...
  • 10 months later...

My first experience was actually in person. I was in highschool and went to a Shakespeare performance.  I had no idea that a codpiece even existed as such much less had seen one.  So here were these young guys in tights with the codpieces.  They even stood like guards of the stage during intermission so I went up as casually as I could to get a better look see.  Thinking about it I am positive they knew exactly what was going on as I approached but they ignored me.

Came across this recently:

New York Magazine ranked it 32nd among the 50 greatest dance scenes of all time.  For this thread's purposes, it gets good at 3:23, when Ann-Margret grabs the blond guy's hand.  We get an entrancing view of his, er, abilities.  I tried to track down the name of the guy, but couldn't ID him from what I could find on line and many of the teenagers in the film weren't even credited.

2 hours ago, dutchal said:

Came across this recently:

New York Magazine ranked it 32nd among the 50 greatest dance scenes of all time.  For this thread's purposes, it gets good at 3:23, when Ann-Margret grabs the blond guy's hand.  We get an entrancing view of his, er, abilities.  I tried to track down the name of the guy, but couldn't ID him from what I could find on line and many of the teenagers in the film weren't even credited.

wow, if that was #32, I wonder what, say, the top five are.......that was great to watch.........sorry to drift off topic, but if anybody's interested in the list.....

https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/best-movie-dance-scenes.html#_ga=2.13657655.1401109309.1659998091-126301969.1659998090

As a youngster, BoZo developed his first "daddy crush" on Stubby Kaye after seeing this song and dance number from Lil Abner.

Both Beth Howland and Valerie Harper (from Alice) can be seen here. Tina Louise, Edie Adams, and Julie Newmar were in the Broadway play.

Does it get any gayer than this?

Also from Li'l Abner.

Pretty risque and homoerotic for the 1950's.

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN