An ignorant slut

Trixie

This topic is 5984 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tonight marks the first time I've bothered to read B. Nicholas' blog, "Fifteen Minutes". I've always rather avoided it, given the broo-ha-ha over him on this board, both positive and negative. I have to admit, my first taste left me with more negative feelings than positive. I've never met the man, and I would hope that he is more intelligent than the glib persona he demonstrates on his website.

His openings comments about the price of gas I found particularly offensive. Let's all scream together, indeed. Why isn't "anyone" doing anything about the price of gasoline, he muses... Well, Benjamin, someone IS doing something about it. Our noble president has invaded Iraq, destabilized the entire Mideastern region, threatened Iran and Syria, and ignored a genocide in the Sudan all for the price of gas. In fact, hundreds of people are dying each day, you can be sure, over the price of gas.

But none of this has happened to LOWER the price you pay at the pump... indeed, those who profit from that black substance realized long ago that organized chaos allows them to do as they will while the public chases red herrings. "Organized energy policy", indeed... do you think this is the Carter administration? The energy policy is well-organized... just not in favor of the consumer.

And, the Petrol companies know that no revolt is imminent... you might grumble, but you will pay $2.50 per gallon... or $2.80...$3.00...$3.75...

$5.00... who knows where the limit is?

We are addicts, after all... we will pay to get our fix. We need our gas, to drive the six blocks from our home to the gym. We need to drive 30 miles to the nearest CostCo so that we can save a dollar-fifty on a case of toilet paper. We NEED to commute 70 miles each way, each day, so that our kids have "better schools."

Blah, blah, blah... I'm sick of hearing myself talk now... It's all a fart in a hurricane, anyway. Let's all fart together.

Bitterly,

Trix

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Dan, and this just between you and me, I have an acute phobia of buttocks, and I really rather come unglued most every time Rick's "monument" is flashed upon the home page. However, during the rare occasion that I'm able to compose myself well enough to investigate further, I've found that I enjoy Rick's campy sense of humour, and sympathize with his political ideals.

Say, how does one get a blog, anyway? I want a blog! Yes, I do!

Trixie

Munroe Monument

>Say, how does one get a blog, anyway? I want a blog! Yes, I

>do!

>

>Trixie

http://www.blogger.com/start

Now do you promise to care for it, feed it, and love it? Because Rick's damn near starved his to death... may have to call the ASPCA and get it taken away.

It IS hard work (shot of George Bush's whining) keeping new content on a blog, which is why 95% are dead after a month or two, so at least BN's has updates (and some eye-candy) going for it. I just wish Rick's did too, but I've pretty much given up on it.

Something downright aggravating about going to the blog of a guy you respect in times like these and having the headline be 'tushy on the beach' from a month ago. I know he probably wants to keep it light but a little substance would be nice. When he does update it, it's like just the meringue part of a pie.

In order to post in the Political Issues forum, all members are required to acknowledge that their post is in compliance with our Community Guidelines.  In addition, you acknowledge that it meets the following requirements: 

• No personal attacks: Attack the issue not the person
  • No hijacking: Stay on the subject of the thread 

• No hate speech or offensive terms/expressions

Posts that do not comply with the above requirements will be removed.  Multiple violations may result in a loss of access to this forum.