Impossible Happens

Traveller
This topic is 8307 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The pic on the front page of the NY Times today actually makes Dubya look competent. This is only because it appears that Papa is gaga. Poor Pope-Guy.

Later.

PS. I'm mainly pissed that I didn't include John Paul II on my celebrity dead pool list this year. Only 2 hits so far. Very bleak.

Guest WetDream (Guest)

I beg to differ, Mr. T. Nothing could make our pres look competent.

P.S. For no particular reason one of the epigrams from a Ronald Firbank novel popped into my mind when I read your post (probably "Flower Beneath the Foot"): "No, I am not taking you to my audience with the pope! I will not have you trying out your girlish, coquettish airs on him." Then I remembered a character from "The Recognitions" who got trenchmouth from kissing the pope's ring.

Guest cp8036

Wow... I seen the same pic, and thought he looks competent... almost presidential.

Poor JP, he looked a bit tired.

Guest Jocoluver

RE: Pope on a Rope PIC

Presidential??!! please, gimme a break. He looked like a little boy who had just jerked off and now had to go to confessional!

Archived