Ratings

Guest cp8036
This topic is 8306 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone who is logged into the message board can rate any thread. (The ratings are those red numbers at the bottom right of each thread.) The rating as like a survey of popular opinion i.e., a high rating means that most people think that the thread is a "must read". There is a quirk in the software that lets people "vote" multiple times. That means that its possible to "stack" the ratings if you're so inclined. :o (I plead the fifth as to how I found out being able to rate something multiple times and what I've done with that knowledge.}>)

There are very few of us who actually give ratings. I know that my opinion is over represented in the posted ratings, because I do. I don't do it all of the time, but you will find that if you have gone through one of the longer threads, where you would have to hit your back button numerous times to get back out of the thread, that it is much quicker and easier to get out by rating the thread. Not only does it post your rating, it automatically puts you back on the main forum page.

I'm still not really sure, but I think that there is now some sort of a thingy in the program that must erase the rating after a while. You know my memory, but I have the distinct feeling that my earlier ratings have disappeared by the time that I am trying to get out of the same thread again lately.

I would love to see more people use this option, so I am going to rate this thread, even though I don't have to do it to get out easily.

Love, Bilbo

Archived