why jizz thinks a pig is a pig!!!

Guest jizzdepapi
This topic is 8313 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jizzdepapi

the following excerpt from The [Philadelphia] News Times alludes to a corruption scandal that rocked the Philadelphia police force around 1995. to date, over 300 cases of drug possession/distribution with intent to sell have been overturned and many cases are still in the court system. the city of philadelphia has already paid millions of dollars in civil suits, many of which are still pending.

...The department earned a reputation as one of the nation's most brutal police forces in the 1960s and '70s under Frank Rizzo, who was police commissioner and later mayor. He was both loved for his law-and-order policies and hated for allegations of bigotry and brutality. In 1985, a police standoff and 90-minute gun battle with the radical group MOVE led police to drop explosives on the group's rowhouse. When the house caught fire, authorities let it burn and the fire spread, destroying two city blocks and killing 11 people.

And in the mid 1990s, the police department was turned upside down by a two-year corruption scandal that ended with eight officers pleading guilty to framing drug suspects and lying about it. The city paid more than $3.5 million to settle lawsuits and nearly 300 cases were dismissed that may have been tainted by corrupt officers... (from The News Times online edition, July, 2000)

in short, the investigation into police corruption surfaced when citizens' goups lodged complaints about police brutality and corruption and indifference by the prosecutor's office to federal authorities, who subsequently conducted an inquiry. the feds found, in the 39th precinct, a safe that should not have even existed, but which was loaded with drugs which were routinely planted by police onto suspects charged with drug posession and intent to distribute. Patrolmen admitted that they had been instructed to lie under oath whenever necessary to ensure convictions.

OVER 300 dismissals of charges followed. These were people, largely black and latino, who lost years of their lives in cases where the police KNEW they were innocent--obviously they were people in the wrong place at the wrong time and maybe some of them had committed a perceived offense against an officer or maybe there was an unspoken quota system in effect, whereby an officre had to have a certain amount of collars to remain in good standing. There were also many officers indicted for selling drugs and taking payoffs from drug kingpins to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars. (I think this pales in comparison to the effect on civil liberties and destruction of family life that police activity caused).

i would really like to see police, here and across the country, that i trusted and who made me feel safe but police forces across the country fiercely resist, and are abetted in this resistance by other government forces, CIVILIAN REVIEW BOARDS. i think that is the only answer to police corruption and brutality and the only way to really clean out the rank and file. the cops really need to be reminded that they do work for somebody and that is you and me.

i guess it's cool that a few gays and lesbians choose to work within the police force but my personal opinion is that it's a waste of time and, since these people are part of a much bigger corrupt system, they can't even begin to effect any kind of meaningful change. the blue code (of silence and whatever else helps to obstruct justice) is just too big for a small faction to fight.

like i said earlier, i know the shit's gonna hit the fan on this one, so have at it

jizz

Archived